Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

DC's Legends of Tomorrow- CW

First Look-

https://youtu.be/4MubNoWQiSc

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" hits The CW at midseason, and rounds up a truckload of classic TV heroes and villains:

Reprising their roles from “The Flash”:
Victor Garber as Martin “Firestorm” Stein;
Wentworth Miller as Leonard “Captain Cold” Snart;
Dominic Purcell as Mick “Heatwave” Rory

Reprising his role from “Arrow”:
Brandon Routh as Ray “The Atom” Palmer.
Caity Lodz as Sarah “White Canary” Lance

Playing new roles:
Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter;
Ciara Renee as Kendra “Hawkgirl” Saunders;
Franz Draeh as Jay “Probably Firestorm” Jackson;

“DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” comes to us from Greg Berlanti, who wrote the “Green Lantern” movie before he created “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “Supergirl” (coming to CBS in November.

From the press release::

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? DC’S Legends Of Tomorrow stars Victor Garber (“The Flash,” “Alias”); Brandon Routh (“Arrow,” “Superman Returns”); Arthur Darvill (“Doctor Who”); Caity Lotz (“Arrow”); Ciarra Renee (“Pippin”); Franz Drameh (“Edge of Tomorrow”); with Dominic Purcell (“The Flash,” “Prison Break”); and Wentworth Miller (“The Flash,” “Prison Break”). Based on the characters from DC Comics, DC’S Legends Of Tomorrow is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” upcoming “Pan”), Marc Guggenheim (“Arrow,” “Eli Stone,” “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Eli Stone,” “Warehouse 13”) and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” upcoming “Pan”).
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Looks promising. My only question is what is making Heatwave and Captain Cold join the team.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I might have to check this out. It looks like it has potential based on the trailer. I am not a fan of the Flash TV show and have yet to check out Arrow.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

The trailer was underwhelming for some reason. Elements of this seem to be taken from the cinematic Avengers to me, like the fact that this team of disparate individuals is banded together by some guy, (sounds a lot like what Nick Fury did). Then, they've turned Ray Palmer in to Tony Stark. He's not a scientist anymore, he's a billionaire who wears a high tech suit that seems to function a lot like Iron Man's armor. I realize they've added the element of villains and heroes, but it kind of appears that this TV series will be more of an attempt by DC to have similar tone to Marvel's team movie, Avengers than their own movie universe will with Justice League. Who knows, maybe this will be good. I'll check it out, but I don't love that they've now got a Lazarus Pit "White Canary". I think that kind of stuff dilutes the existing character. What's next, "Yellow Canary"? The "League of Canary's"?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #5
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

For me, Caity Lotz was physically a far better choice than Katie Cassidy to play the Black Canary, so I really like they managed to write her back into the character.

What I do find strange is that Robbie Amell doesn't seem to be back as Firestorm.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote