Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #221
ukshaun
Hercules

These pictures appeared on Facebook today. They do not fall into the class of poor mobile phone images, but they do fail to sell the piece. The lighting is possibly too bright. The base looks like a tone of plastic grey?

This is the first time i have noticed the front of the base. Why the pointy design?

Proto:
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:39 PM   #222
Piping
Doh!

Under better lighting conditions the sculpt should bring out all the contours/wrinkles, you can see this if you play around with curves.
I'm more worried about the suit, I have a feeling that red is just a colour that fails to capture accurately on camera, but the fabric seems to be a bit too bulky or cheap looking for a suit/vest.
Piping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:15 PM   #223
xXJ0kerXx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piping View Post
Under better lighting conditions the sculpt should bring out all the contours/wrinkles, you can see this if you play around with curves.
I'm more worried about the suit, I have a feeling that red is just a colour that fails to capture accurately on camera, but the fabric seems to be a bit too bulky or cheap looking for a suit/vest.
i really do hope its the case that its just a lighting issue and camera quality, but yeah that suit looks really strange but it looks almost like the exact bright red colors on at wonderfest 2020. even in wonderfest, the pictures were taken horribly and under harsh lighting as well
xXJ0kerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:05 PM   #224
Piping
Doh!

Even though it is only in the background, you can see the suit is a much more vibrant and movie accurate colour.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #225
xXJ0kerXx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piping View Post
Even though it is only in the background, you can see the suit is a much more vibrant and movie accurate colour.
yeah, but if im not mistaken that is the prototype that is in display. but definitely i hope the color is retained in production.
xXJ0kerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:11 AM   #226
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

This is why I am not a big fan of mixed media - the clothes on that production piece (?) look ill-fitting and cheap IMO. Face sculpt still looks pretty good though (even though it has lost some of the detail from the proto - which is expected).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:01 AM   #227
StefanCo
The Spirit

I'll get you guys some high quality photos with studio lights when I get mine (in 2 days it seems).
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #228
Piping
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I'll get you guys some high quality photos with studio lights when I get mine (in 2 days it seems).
Sounds good
Old 01-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #229
pau123
Sailor Moon

Fabric will deteriorate in matter of time and headache to try clean or even restore them.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:02 AM   #230
StefanCo
The Spirit

I just got this one. It's exactly what I expected. The red is perfect. The face sculpt is very accurate, and the eyes really stand out with their shine.

Photos will be made tomorrow evening I hope.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote