Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-25-2020, 09:23 PM   #131
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sculpt looks good now, don't even know how the first ones got approved. The only thing I would change now is that streak of blood on the forehead, it's taking away from the sculpt.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:02 AM   #132
Biggunz
Loki

This is still a sweet piece: let see when it starts getting in hands of collectors
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:48 AM   #133
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Wow, just found out about this. Will wait for in-hand pics but it's tempting!
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #134
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Someone must have gotten theirs already. Here's a link to the unboxing video. I really only like one headsculpt: the regular ash where no teeth are showing. The deadite sculpt looks good, but I'm not sure if I'd even end up using it. I have to decide whether or not to get the exclusive. I rarely get anything new nowadays, but I have been waiting for a good Evil Dead collectible for many years.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 03-04-2021 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Youtube link
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #135
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I love anything Evil Dead, but the likeness to Bruce is still off and the pose is a bit odd. If I'm nitpicking, and I suppose to some degree I am, Henrietta is the wrong color. Instead of gray, she should be a fleshy yellow. This is cool, but it's not a knock out of the park. It looks like they changed their payment plans also. 5 months at $300 before shipping is a hard pill to swallow for this.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:03 AM   #136
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

As a whole the piece looks toned down somehow. Still very good but it has lost a bit that wow factor that we saw on the prototypes.

Probably it's because of the factory paintjob. Anyways sure it looks better in person.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:49 PM   #137
Jack Burton

I finally went for it and put in an order on Prime 1's website. I couldn't miss out on the possessed head. I do agree that the headsculpts aren't perfect, but they are good enough for me (and much better than previous attempts). I've been waiting 20 years for a good Evil Dead collectible. I'm excited, and I don't see anything better coming out in the near future.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #138
howardsstudios
Sculptor
Sculptor

I wanted to share a little side project I’m working on…

Evil Dead 2 is one of my all time favorite movies, so when Prime1 came out with this statue I jumped on it. Like many I wasn't 100% on the Ash likeness, but its still such a cool overall display I went through with the order. I noticed they did re-do the sculpts and I think it did improve but I still wanted a different expression and feel. Then when I found out they offered the Deadite Ash only direct shipping from Japan, I decided to sculpt a new Ash and Deadite replacements heads. I’m also thinking of re-doing his arm… Ash wasn’t buff, he was super lean

I’m not trying to take a dig at Prime1, I think they made a great statue. I just prefer a different Ash look and I was pretty bummed out I couldn’t get that Deadite head. I’ll share the final print masters once they are done. I get my statue this weekend, so I’m excited to see this thing in person!

I’m even toying with the idea of making a silicone head too for it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash-WIP.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	137423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deadite-WIP.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	137424  
howardsstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:36 PM   #139
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardsstudios View Post
I wanted to share a little side project I’m working on…

Evil Dead 2 is one of my all time favorite movies, so when Prime1 came out with this statue I jumped on it. Like many I wasn't 100% on the Ash likeness, but its still such a cool overall display I went through with the order. I noticed they did re-do the sculpts and I think it did improve but I still wanted a different expression and feel. Then when I found out they offered the Deadite Ash only direct shipping from Japan, I decided to sculpt a new Ash and Deadite replacements heads. I’m also thinking of re-doing his arm… Ash wasn’t buff, he was super lean

I’m not trying to take a dig at Prime1, I think they made a great statue. I just prefer a different Ash look and I was pretty bummed out I couldn’t get that Deadite head. I’ll share the final print masters once they are done. I get my statue this weekend, so I’m excited to see this thing in person!

I’m even toying with the idea of making a silicone head too for it
Nice job on the sculpt!! Is this just a personal project?
Old 03-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #140
howardsstudios
Sculptor
Sculptor

Thanks! These are just roughed out... I'll dial them in soon. Not sure what the final plan will be just yet

Cant wait to get the boxes on Saturday!
howardsstudios is offline   Reply With Quote