Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #11
Exorcist
Hydra

That headsculpt..... Everything looks perfect, the dragons, the body, the chair, the overall look and feel of the diorama...... But that headsculpt.........
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:37 PM   #12
chrismhk
Luke Cage

She looks more like Felicity Jones than Emilia Clarke
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #13
No1
The Avengers

I was expecting something diferent, the overall look and concept is good, Danny in season 3 if I´m not wrong, about to received the masters of the free cities.

Dragons amazing, the decoration I don´t like the style, the couch, etc, but it´s like the series

Mix Media??? The dress isn´t sculpt right?

I think is very large statue, I would like to see more Danny and less everything else.

Well, and of course, the face, if you look close you almost could see a little of her there, the choose of expression that I´m not a fan, I would like to see her smiling or maybe with an angry face, this looks a little empty, hope they have another head, with a diferent face.

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #14
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
She looks more like Felicity Jones than Emilia Clarke
Nailed it.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #15
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs down

Let's just name it for what it is..... This headsculpt/paintapp is absolute trash, it is garbage, and definitly not Prime1Studio worthy. I would have paid the world for this statue with a decent HS.....

Prime1Studio needs to readjust and remake this headsculpt, or else
(I am sure of this) it will be a very sad pass for many collectors
Old 07-17-2019, 07:50 PM   #16
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I don't know about the sculpt but the colours are definitely off.

Her hair is too yellow, her eyes are too blue, her eyebrows are not nearly dark or heavy enough, her lips are too red, her skin is too ghoulish. Everything is off with the colours.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:54 PM   #17
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Let's just name it for what it is..... This headsculpt is absolute trash, it is garbage, and definitly not Prime1Studio worthy.
Now, now. It's not that bad. It's just that the eyes don't seem to be there. If I enlarge the pic and cover them up with one finger, I can definitely see Clarke there. Especially her eyebrows.

And Prime 1 has had its fair share of questionable likenesses. I'm actually more puzzled at this being a Blitzway piece.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:03 PM   #18
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I wouldn't rush to judge too fast, I agree it's off but that's probably because they rushed painting it to get it there. I've seen some SS pieces go from 3/10 to 10/10 with repaints.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #19
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Now, now. It's not that bad. It's just that the eyes don't seem to be there. If I enlarge the pic and cover them up with one finger, I can definitely see Clarke there. Especially her eyebrows.

And Prime 1 has had its fair share of questionable likenesses. I'm actually more puzzled at this being a Blitzway piece.
I´m with you, is not THAT bad, first I think this was a little rush to finish in time for SDCC, they must made some changes I think, second the great problem is maybe the "uncanny valley" that I sense when I see the pictures, you know, like digital Leia and Tarkin in Star Wars Rogue One.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #20
Exorcist
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

In a very respectful way, I think yes it is very bad my friend. Just check out the facebook pages at this moment.