Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-22-2020, 12:22 AM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

The Last of Us- HBO series

Actually surprised I didn’t find this anywhere on the forum yet. But I just got hyped up by some guy who had a fan made trailer for the upcoming series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M5pCg9BB0s

They did a fantastic job for a second I thought this was the real deal. Especially seeing Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who was a big part of HBO and Game of Thrones. And I know they love using people who were on other HBO series. I thought I missed something somewhere about this series.

This definitely sparked my interest all over for the game and the upcoming show. What do you guys think about this soon to be series.

Oh and for some who may not have heard Neil Druckmann the man who wrote the game is also part of the series.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

If this resembles part 2....big nope.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm really excited for this.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #4
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
If this resembles part 2....big nope.
I still don’t understand the hate for part 2. I played it and loved it. Was it as good as part 1. No. Was it good ..oh yeah.
But to each his own.

It’s supposed to closely follow the games story so at some point part 2 will have to happen. Not sure how long it takes to get to that ark on the series. They could also put hints of Abby and her Dad a lot earlier to flesh out those characters even more.

Either way I’m excited.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice. Looking forward to this.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
Augen
Metal Men

I think this could be amazing, but also the games are so good at story telling than some meta aspects may be lost in translation.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I still don’t understand the hate for part 2. I played it and loved it. Was it as good as part 1. No. Was it good ..oh yeah.
But to each his own.

It’s supposed to closely follow the games story so at some point part 2 will have to happen. Not sure how long it takes to get to that ark on the series. They could also put hints of Abby and her Dad a lot earlier to flesh out those characters even more.

Either way I’m excited.
I enjoyed part 2 a lot...I was all about hating Abbey at first because of what she did and then the damn script flipped and I understood completely.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #8
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

This guys videos are all fake if I'm not mistaken. He edits together a lot of videos to make trailers. This looks pretty cool but dont think it real.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #9
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
But to each his own.

Either way I’m excited.
I loved the second one. I'm not going to explain the hate here because people will just deny it.

As for this show, I hope the casting is good. My top choice for the casting of Joel is Dylan McDermott. I think he'd be perfect.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #10
KaraFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I loved the second one. I'm not going to explain the hate here because people will just deny it.

As for this show, I hope the casting is good. My top choice for the casting of Joel is Dylan McDermott. I think he'd be perfect.

He would be so perfect for that!