Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: DC Comics will revert back to original continuity in 1 to 2 years
Yes they will 30 76.92%
No they wont 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
CA35
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Marvel is double shipping their books at $3.99 a peice. Not too mention flooding the market with tons o crap. Their just going for quantity over quality.
Now before the marvel nosers start up,I know that DC has several Batman,Superman,and Green Lantern titles. However,Batman and Green Lantern combined don't equal the amount of X-whatevers are out there.
CA35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:08 AM   #52
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA35 View Post
Marvel is double shipping their books at $3.99 a peice. Not too mention flooding the market with tons o crap. Their just going for quantity over quality.
Now before the marvel nosers start up,I know that DC has several Batman,Superman,and Green Lantern titles. However,Batman and Green Lantern combined don't equal the amount of X-whatevers are out there.
Marvel will be including codes for digital comics with their issues, while DC charges an additional fee.
Not to mention the fact that Marvel didn't dramatically change characters that I had many years of time & money invested in. And don't get me started on the new condom wrapper logo.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #53
UsagiYojimbo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

And Marvel has again pulled ahead in both RETAIL & UNIT MARKET SHARE for February:

Publisher Market Share for February

RETAIL MARKET SHARE

MARVEL COMICS
35.92%

DC COMICS
29.47%

UNIT MARKET SHARE

MARVEL COMICS
38.61%

DC COMICS
35.26%

There's only so many times DC can reprint the first 5 issues of everything.........
UsagiYojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #54
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
Marvel will be including codes for digital comics with their issues, while DC charges an additional fee.
Not to mention the fact that Marvel didn't dramatically change characters that I had many years of time & money invested in. And don't get me started on the new condom wrapper logo.
At 3.99 a pop there better be something additional. Speaking of which, Marvel has actually done away with polybags. Rather than continue using them to obscure the download codes, they’ve chosen to use stickers instead. And you just know anyone with a smart phone will be able to get a snapshot or text the code when retailers aren't paying attention on people who want to read through books in the store.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #55
Dark Knight
The Cuban Crusader

Interview by Newsarama with DC sales execs discussing Marvel's double shipping, flooding the market with books and higher price point, all factors in the higher market share, but did not result in any Top 10 books

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-t...ics-sales.html
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #56
solidsnake 36
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I nthink D.C. comics are doing a better job than marvel, and the Batman books are darker than ever, just read Batman and robin#7, Marvel has been shiipping garbage, an run stories on and on and the ending Sucks!!
solidsnake 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #57
UsagiYojimbo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just wish DC would have left everything alone, Batgirl might be called " Barbra Gordon" but she's just not Batgirl.
UsagiYojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #58
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

After being such a curmudgeon about how much I feel the New 52 launch robbed me of the heroes I grew up with and refusing to buy any titles I figure, well, is this much different than the post Crisis reboots of 1986 which I happened to really like. So, I went back, bought some back issues of a bunch of titles and...

Dropping Superman, Action, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Justice League. The stories just don't work for me, despite some fine art.

Keeping Batman (helluva book) and maybe I Vampire. Likely will only keep Batman.

Overall, a disappointment and I really miss DC in my group of weekly comics...
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #59
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Have to say I'm enjoying WW. It's great to see it immersed in Greek Mythology.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #60
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The only new 52 titles that I want in hardcover are Wonder Woman, definitely Batwoman, and possibly Batman. As much as I love Supes, I absolutely hate what's going on with him. DC ruined the chance to make him more appealing again.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote