Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #5731
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wow what a bunch of babies in here, you want to quit collecting, go ahead, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #5732
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
Wow what a bunch of babies in here, you want to quit collecting, go ahead, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
What are you talking about?
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #5733
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Sure, it's marketing, but the whole concept of an exclusive is a marketing ploy as well. So why is one marketing ploy better than another?

Pre-ordering is the biggest problem in this business. And I say that acknowledging I'm as guilty of doing it as anyone else. If we didn't all pre-order like sheep, companies would have to actually earn our money by delivering on prototypes in a timely manner. Instead, we complain that they have the nerve to try to market regulars because apparently we've earned some distinction by pre-ordering exclusives. And I say that as someone whose collection is 80%+ exclusives. It's silly.

If we didn't buy into this crap, companies would be forced out of complacency because we wouldn't be handing them interest-free loans, and free money in the form of cancelled deposits.
Yeah, an extra sword or a batterang does not matter but when you are company that makes a $1200 statue that comes with only one not so exciting head and got away with selling 750 of them with two heads, yeah, the regular is not worth the same or is not as desirable as the EX> That is why they have not posted a production number yet, the regular does suck for $1200 and they are not sure how many to make as they dont want them sitting around forever, They would have made more fans and money if the EX was 1500 pieces and the reg 2000, all might have sold, now they are banking on selling thousands of regs, Vote with your wallet, it is really not worth it and anything over $1000 has cool switch outs. General statement that EX does not matter? Sure I dont need an artprint. Missing the best head of the project? Fail!
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #5734
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

20 pages later...and people still crying over low ES

LOL
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #5735
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstChilin View Post
I hate how Sideshow now refers to the regular as Collector Edition. Makes no sense.
It's very confusing. I'm sure many po the collectors edition thinking it's not the regular version. It's a good way to get more po for the regular to start this with thanos instead of a sw statue which won't move....
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #5736
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
It's very confusing. I'm sure many po the collectors edition thinking it's not the regular version. It's a good way to get more po for the regular to start this with thanos instead of a sw statue which won't move....
Better than calling it the "version missing best portrait that will likely be around at $900 on ebay in years to come" That would not get them selling fast! Wish it was 2020 so we could check completed listings on Ebay, I think this will fail unless they make only 1500 kick in the teeth versions, sorry, I meant regular, sorry I meant collector editions
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:12 PM   #5737
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Not sure why everyone is getting upset over ES etc etc in here. Just remember one thing...

Prime1 hasn't done Thanos yet. Because when they do, this will hit eBay faster than Sideshow canceling Rick O'Connel!

Just be patient peeps.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:58 PM   #5738
HBK83
The Avengers

I don't think anyone is complaining about the 750 es anymore it has now moved to the reg/collectors edition being too high.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #5739
Legion564
Mephisto

But we don't even know the es right now...
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:25 AM   #5740
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Who would pay 1200.00 a pf, plus shipping for one less head? I would rather pay 2000.00 for the ex and get the complete statue. Maybe if someone buys a ex and wants to sell off the ex head for 1000.00? Lol ... hope ss can stop the recast of these heads. That would cause mass concern because they would look exactly the same and once sold collectors won't know what is what. SS better be on top of this.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote