Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #6741
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

here comes spawndude to rain on our parade.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #6742
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
I dont think so, there is not enough human character in this piece and nothing life-like.

He is a purple dude with eyes that are not actually eyes so what is to screw up? This is a simple paint and even if a color is off a little who is gonna know? Red Sonja she devil is a tough paint job, They charged hundreds extra but did nothing to improve the product and Thanos will be the same.

And of course it is not a production piece at SDCC as they have not even gone into production yet.

Name another statue that cost over $1000 and has a run of over 4000????

And I am serious, with all the collectors reading this name another over $1000 statue that has over 4000 pieces. I cant think of anything that was ever made at this price that was so overproduced. Let me know some others because I really cant think of any.
^ Apparently, it's already been confirmed that the piece we saw at SDCC was an early production piece..

BTW, there's nothing Human about him lol.. At least not with that Gauntlet on. He's more like a God. There SHOULDN'T be anything life-like about him either. The way they chose to depict him in this statue, he's bigger than life. He wants to balance the universe and take life AWAY, not embody it.

Can't deny your last point though. I don't know of another piece that's been sold for $1000 + with an ES of 4000. I wish the ES was smaller but what can you do.. =/
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:25 PM   #6743
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Did all 4000 sell out?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #6744
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Did all 4000 sell out?
Not YET. Only the 750 Exclusives. The Collectors edition with 3500 ES is still available for PO on SS's website.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #6745
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Not YET. Only the 750 Exclusives. The Collectors edition with 3500 ES is still available for PO on SS's website.
I don't see them selling out at this point then. Finding over 4000 people to plunk down $1200 on a relatively obscure character isn't going to be easy.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:49 PM   #6746
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I hope ss cuts the regulars down to 1500 max.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:59 PM   #6747
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
^ Apparently, it's already been confirmed that the piece we saw at SDCC was an early production piece..

BTW, there's nothing Human about him lol.. At least not with that Gauntlet on. He's more like a God. There SHOULDN'T be anything life-like about him either. The way they chose to depict him in this statue, he's bigger than life. He wants to balance the universe and take life AWAY, not embody it.

Can't deny your last point though. I don't know of another piece that's been sold for $1000 + with an ES of 4000. I wish the ES was smaller but what can you do.. =/
100% agree and I was saying anything bad about Thanos, just that like Silver Surfer blowing the paint job or not having the final product look like the prototype should not be a worry, this piece is easy to color and should not have any issues except maybe sloppy paint apps. (Hope not but who knows). I could paint this piece and I am not that great. I could not paint She Devil with a sword, not talented enough. That is all I meant, we should expect perfection on this project.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #6748
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I hope ss cuts the regulars down to 1500 max.
I would agree but they never cut down the original Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman PFs from like 5 years ago. Nope, they just keep selling them for many many years and Thanos will likely be the same. They had to have China make more of those statues this year to keep stocked and this is more than likely the case for Thanos, every year or so it will go waitlist as they have another 500 shipped from China.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:19 PM   #6749
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
I would agree but they never cut down the original Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman PFs from like 5 years ago. Nope, they just keep selling them for many many years and Thanos will likely be the same. They had to have China make more of those statues this year to keep stocked and this is more than likely the case for Thanos, every year or so it will go waitlist as they have another 500 shipped from China.
Good point. It's a losing battle. I can go on and on about why ss makes too many. But i don't think the forum wants to hear me ramble on Es, and price. Well at least ss did great on the ex though. Loved the ex, love the set Es, price we all know already lol.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #6750
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i am fairly certain SS set this at 3500 because they plan to keep it in stock for a while. They probably want to let it be available at least through the first infinity war movie, from a business perspective it makes a lot of sense, for us collectors it does not. The only way i can see this not lasting that long is if it somehow sells out before the middle of next year.
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote