Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-02-2017, 11:17 AM   #261
Negativepenalty
Fantastic Four

I preordered Eva Test Unit-01 and have this feeling they will make a second version of it. The version where Unit-01 triggers the impact and gets the Halo+Wings.
Negativepenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #262
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativepenalty View Post
I preordered Eva Test Unit-01 and have this feeling they will make a second version of it. The version where Unit-01 triggers the impact and gets the Halo+Wings.
That's Awakened Eva Unit 01. I wouldn't be surprised if they released this either.

I'm pretty sure Next one is Eva Unit 13 though, and they said on Facebook they will be releasing units from the final movie as well.

LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #263
BurningRage
Inhumans

I think I'm gonna just get the first three units and their pilots.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #264
LionHeart717

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I think I'm gonna just get the first three and their pilots.
That's what I've been telling myself, as I liked the original TV series and EOE much more than the rebuilds. Who knows though, I might cave if the 3.0 + 1.0 movie is good.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #265
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHeart717 View Post
That's what I've been telling myself, as I liked the original TV series and EOE much more than the rebuilds. Who knows though, I might cave if the 3.0 + 1.0 movie is good.
what did you think of the last movie?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 PM   #266
LionHeart717

3.0? I definitely felt like the rug was pulled out from underneath me. Tonally, it was much different from 1.0 and 2.0. I understand what they were going for, but I thought the whole movie could have been handled better.

I didn't like how all of the characters suddenly treated Shinji like the enemy and acted so coldly and abusive towards him. I mean, Misato was encouraging Shinji at the end of 2.0 to save Rei, and now she's pissed that he did it? It doesn't make much sense. Unless something else happened during the 14 year time jump.

My biggest gripe with the movie is the lack of good characterization. All of the characters were very deep in the original series, but here they are flat, except for Shinji, Kaworu, and Rei. I don't like the fact that most of problems in this movie could have been avoided if the characters actually talked to each other (which, again was probably intentional - social anxiety and such, but only really makes sense if it was Shinji not doing the talking). I don't like Mari at all. She came out of nowhere, has no backstory, and and has no characterization whatsoever.

The visuals were great, and very enjoyable to watch. I just hope 3.0 + 1.0 improve my initial impressions of this movie by explaining some things.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:18 PM   #267
SONICobra
Batman

I loved the first two, 3.0 was hard to watch though... the first time i tried i couldnt even make it through. the second time i watched the last half and was totally lost, i need to try to watch it beginning to end but wanted to see what another fan thought of it

so different from the original series, sometimes its a bit jarring
Old 08-02-2017, 05:02 PM   #268
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

There are some cool EVA designs from Rebuild, but not nearly iconic enough to spend the kind of coin required. The ES are already pretty low on the first two and they're not selling out. What do they think the market is for the newer designs?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #269
SONICobra
Batman

thats a very reasonable question, i find them all incredible but can only afford the one. i think what might be cool are some angels and even on a smaller scale small dioramas of defeated angels that could be displayed next to the evas. these things are usually in pieces when its over so they wouldnt need a very large footprint
Old 08-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #270
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'd love to see Prime 1 get into prints. There are a lot of great scenes that could be captured with a lot of detail.

A Japanese statue maker with a lot of Japanese licenses now (many anime). They could get really great official artwork done from the actual company's artists.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote