Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #4301
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I bought some framed prints once and that will be the last time. Tape on the back is not good, and there's no way to get it off without causing damage, no matter how careful you are and how easily it looks like it will just peel off. Plus, the matting etc. usually leaves some kind of marks on the front. Also, having been hung, it may have been exposed to sunlight.

Plus, the sellers are usually delusional in wanting top dollar thinking they need to recoup the value of the print + the cost of the framing.

Only way I'd go for it again would be if it were an absolute bargain, and if I planned to keep it framed because I wanted to hang it, and I didn't care about it's collectible value.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #4302
mdk12208
Frackin!

thanks for the responses, I was looking at an ebay auction. Although the price was reasonable I wouldn't have kept it framed as is. too bad though as i really wanted the prints in it.
mdk12208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #4303
mdk12208
Frackin!

zoohunters

does anyone know if the zoohunters print was ever actualy "instock"? i went to the aspenstore only an hour after the prints went up for sale/available and was out.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #4304
Yoda III.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me.

I have the opportunity to get a Soulfire, Fathom or Lara Croft sketch by one of my favourite artists, but I need an appropriate blank cover.
Unfortunatelly it seems impossible to find one of the old Fathom or Tomb Raider blank Cover from Top Cow.

Also there seems to be no unused all new Fathom or all new soulfire blank cover out there.

Does someone know where I could find one of these blanks or have you an idea which blank covers I could use instead ?

I found a blog post that some of the fathom v4 covers have a blank back cover , unfortunatelly I don't have any of these to check that.

Thanks a lot,
Yoda
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #4305
mdk12208
Frackin!

not sure were to find one but could you use the blank cover version of the art of aspen book?
Old 09-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #4306
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda III. View Post
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me.

I have the opportunity to get a Soulfire, Fathom or Lara Croft sketch by one of my favourite artists, but I need an appropriate blank cover.
Unfortunatelly it seems impossible to find one of the old Fathom or Tomb Raider blank Cover from Top Cow.

Also there seems to be no unused all new Fathom or all new soulfire blank cover out there.

Does someone know where I could find one of these blanks or have you an idea which blank covers I could use instead ?

I found a blog post that some of the fathom v4 covers have a blank back cover , unfortunatelly I don't have any of these to check that.

Thanks a lot,
Yoda

So you are just looking for blank covers for Fathom, Soulfire, or Tomb Raider? What Volume do you prefer? Have you checked on the Aspen Store?
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:08 AM   #4307
Yoda III.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

@ben yes, but that is much more difficult than I thought before.
I would prefer one of the older blank covers with the classic logos but all new fathom or all new soulfire blank would be great as well.
The best would be the 1999 convention blank of Tomb Raider #1.

Of course I have checked aspenstore and all other onlinestore I know, but I didn't find any blanks from these series.

@mdk
that would be an opportunity, but maybe the dust jacket could be a problem.
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:02 AM   #4308
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Has anyone heard from or dealt with the Aspen guys in the last week? I've had a large order of probably 30+ prints waiting with them for a long time. I finally got around to asking them to just go ahead and ship it back in August but since then I've had no update.

I've tried emailing Frank + Chris direct and then used facebook messaging the other day. No response, nothing.

Frankly I'm a) a bit concerned b) highly disappointed at the service.

I've been a customer / supporter of Aspen since day 1 and for it to end up like this is a bit sad. I've dropped buying / bidding their prints because of this and various other issues over the past year or so and until they send the prints I won't even be considering buying anything.

Anyway, if anyone has heard from them it would be great to know because I've paid a lot of money for these prints.

Thanks
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #4309
melfina_claire
Frackin!

I haven't had any dealings with them recently, but they sure don't like responding to their fans enquiries. I know they've recently announced that merger with BDI so maybe that's been tying them up. They haven't answered questions on their Facebook page regarding the next issue of Jirni, as #1 came out back in June and we haven't heard a thing since, also a few of their current series seem to have been delayed, Lola XOXO and Damsels in Excess too. But I hope they get back to you soon. I've bought prints from them many times in the past and often although it says on the auction page "will dispatch within 3 working days", it's been as long as 2 weeks or more before they actually sent it. No where near what you've been waiting but I understand the hassle.
melfina_claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #4310
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

thanks Claire. Well good to know it's not just me.

tbh I am getting rather annoyed with the whole situation. I won't restate what I've said above, but new customer or old I would expect them to treat you with some respect when you have lined paid over your hard earned money (whatever the amount).

I messaged Frank and Chris weeks ago now and no reply.

I also messaged them on facebook three times in the past week but nothing and yet I see that they are posting updates on their products.

Seriously!!?!

'm sure they don't frequent here much anymore as this thread seems to have died a death but if they do it would be respectful if they addressed their fans particularly those who have handed over large sums of money in a timely and respectful manner.

ps I just posted on their facebook page but I'm sure that will just get ignored as well.

If I were a fan and reading this I'd seriously think again before ordering anything new from them until they got their s***t in order.

what a poor way to run a business...
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote