Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #41
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Does the dio need to represent a fatality or can it just be two characters fighting ?
I think these may fall into different "lines" for dios. I mean lets be honest, the fatalities of MK is was put the "wow" factor into that game and made it so popular in the first place. Without them, it would just be another fighting game. Including fatalities in this line I believe pays homage to the game and what set it appart from the competition in the 90's.

So, I think what you could do is have a dio line meant for fatalities (the most popular ones of course) and another for simple hand-to-hand kombat. Scorpion taking off his mask and setting his opponent a-blaze with a stream of fire would look insane! (A light up feature for the fire in clear resin would look fantastic)

Or Sub-zero freezing his opponent and smashing them to pieces!

Heres some fatality references for you:

(Scorpion)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHAAlQfzyHg

(sub-zero)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQSMWcXoVA0

Whatever you decide to do, I believe you should include it in this line somehow.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #42
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post

I personally would love to see classic fatality dios, they are a huge part of the Mortal Kombat franchise. They do not all have to be bloody, for example scorpions classic burning fatality has no blood.
Interesting idea but fire looks horrible in statue form
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #43
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Normally I'd vote Scropion vs Subzero since those two are the poster boys for MK so its natural they lead things off.

However, since we have the Scorpion Statue and the good chance of a Klassic Sub Zero coming, I'd pick something different.

I agree with premium_substit's the most.

Raiden vs Shao Kahn.

- Light vs Darkness
- Brother vs Brother
- Both are Popular and Powerful Characters.

I'd vote for just epic battle moves. No Fatality. Give Both Fighters equal intensity.

My Two Cents
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #44
World Warrior
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post

I personally would love to see classic fatality dios, they are a huge part of the Mortal Kombat franchise. They do not all have to be bloody, for example scorpions classic burning fatality has no blood.
This doesn't have to be the first one, but this exact dio should be made. I feel a mixture of Fatalities and Vs would work out nicely. Not every fatality is cool enough to deserve a dio.
World Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #45
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I would also vote for a mix of versus and fatalities. Fatalities are what made the franchise and need to be there IMO. But they have to be chosen carefully. Scorpion's from above would be awesome but I have serious doubts the fire could be done right.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #46
Atheris
The Maxx

The fire thing for scoprion may be a difficult one to pull off. But I doesnt necessarily have to show him shooting the flame from his mouth. It could just be him holding his mask in hand while the opponent is in flames.

Or, you could use his 2nd fatality where he cuts the opponent in 2 pieces and then cuts his head in half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bn4_LqmIRY

The flame thrower head fatality is what hes best known for and I think would sell better, but ether one could work.

Think about it, the EX for this line could be a "FINISH HIM" OR "FATALITY" nameplate.

Oh, and please Jerry dont make these dio's tiny little 1:6 scale statues.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #47
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
The fire thing for scoprion may be a difficult one to pull off. But I doesnt necessarily have to show him shooting the flame from his mouth. It could just be him holding his mask in hand while the opponent is in flames.

Or, you could use his 2nd fatality where he cuts the opponent in 2 pieces and then cuts his head in half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bn4_LqmIRY

The flame thrower head fatality is what hes best known for and I think would sell better, but ether one could work.

Think about it, the EX for this line could be a "FINISH HIM" OR "FATALITY" nameplate.

Oh, and please Jerry dont make these dio's tiny little 1:6 scale statues.

Chris
My bigger concern is if these were 1:7 or worse even 1:8 like some of sideshow's later dios.. 1:6 is a nice scale for dioramas I think, like sideshow's original dios
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #48
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

2) Sub-Zero on one knee launching and ice ball at Scorpion who is at the same time throwing his spear at Sub-Zero.[/QUOTE]

ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #49
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Normally I'd vote Scropion vs Subzero since those two are the poster boys for MK so its natural they lead things off.

However, since we have the Scorpion Statue and the good chance of a Klassic Sub Zero coming, I'd pick something different.

I agree with premium_substit's the most.

Raiden vs Shao Kahn.

- Light vs Darkness
- Brother vs Brother
- Both are Popular and Powerful Characters.

I'd vote for just epic battle moves. No Fatality. Give Both Fighters equal intensity.

My Two Cents
Great points.. I also think that dio would still manage to give Shao kahn the dominant pose like he always has in the game without being too over-shadowing

Plus, to add to ur list, God vs God/Emperor

Plus they symbalise a final battle in many sense.. neither of them ever step in until the end/necessary

Based on one of Jerry's prior interview, i do have a feeling we will see either Shao Kahn or Raiden next, or possibly even both.. but I still hope he'd consider that for a dio.. if he wants to start out the dio line with a bang, then they're the 2 heavy weights to go for.. I'm sure it would blow people away.. even though they're both big players, they've never rly had merchandise done of them (people have been waiting), so can't go wrong, even if a 1:4 was around the corner..
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #50
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think fatalities is what makes MK MK.
Not all fatalites are iconic but I think MK needs some fatalities dioramas.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote