Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #11
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Newsarama caught my question in their Cup O' Joe report:

Next person up asked about the recent increase of use of characters like Dracula and Man-Thing, from the more "supernatural" side of the Marvel Universe.

Quesada said they're building that side of the Marvel Universe up, as they did with the cosmic side.

Loeb said Ed McGuinness is always wanted to draw Man-Thing, and for Arthur Adams, it's "any monster at all."

I'll add to that response that Axel Alonso said that Marvel was "world building" with the vampire state over in the X-Men book and that there was much more planned for vampires and Dracula going forward.

.. Shudda Guess it wudda been Dracula with You.. Thanks !

Loved Wonderwoman 601, I always liked me a Quest story..

However, If someone can enlighten me, What deal did Mephisto offer Thor?? Dint get that..
I agree about the art, last issue was awesome, and hte story flowed much better.

Last edited by supahman; 07-29-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: issue no. change
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #12
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Glad to see people enjoying Wonder Woman. I should have #600 & #601 tomorrow. Can't wait.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #13
Jesse321
Galactus

I have to say, I was leery about WW at first, but this first full issue has me intrigued enough that I really wanna see where JMS takes this story arch.

My only grievance is that damn 1980's Merry-Go-Round/Contempo bolero jacket ... get rid of that, and the new costume is actually not bad.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Agreed Jesse. Drop the jacket and its not too bad.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #15
Primal
Batman

Bulls. Do you read WW on a regular basis? I know you're a big WW fan, second only to that "Enjoy the Wonder" website guy but I dont think I've ever seen a comment from you about the comic before JMS took over.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I read WW, DD and ASM for a long time Omar. But in recent years I have given up comics as I just cannot get to the LCS as much as I would like. In the past two months I have been getting back into picking up WW and a few other titles including ASM and some mini runs like Black Widow Origins. Going forward I plan on reading WW, BW and ASMl. Also thinking of returning to Daredevil and I have to say I am not happy if indeed:

Spoiler:

Bullseye is dead. Firstly it wasn't nearly epic enough and way to easy for DD which it has never been in the past. If you want to kill off one of the best villains ever at least do it with some class.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #17
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

BTW I have been picking up trades in place of monthly comics as it has been easier to keep up to date.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #18
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I read WW, DD and ASM for a long time Omar. But in recent years I have given up comics as I just cannot get to the LCS as much as I would like. In the past two months I have been getting back into picking up WW and a few other titles including ASM and some mini runs like Black Widow Origins. Going forward I plan on reading WW, BW and ASMl. Also thinking of returning to Daredevil and I have to say I am not happy if indeed:

Spoiler:

Bullseye is dead. Firstly it wasn't nearly epic enough and way to easy for DD which it has never been in the past.
Quote:
If you want to kill off one of the best villains ever at least do it with some class.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:10 AM   #19
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post

Spoiler:

Bullseye is dead. Firstly it wasn't nearly epic enough and way to easy for DD which it has never been in the past. If you want to kill off one of the best villains ever at least do it with some class.
Ah ok. Well at least DC & JMS' plan to get people's attention has worked if you're willing to stick with the title despite the changes some veterans had first objected to. Regarding DD...well in comics everyone gets resurrected eventually and it's actually one of the specialties of the Hand. Hell, all their ninja warriors are resurrected with the catch being you fall under Hand control when you come back. Does Bullseye really need a classy end? He's a psychopathic murdering dirtbag. lol
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Regardless to kill him so easily is so unbelievable. No way DD kills Bullseye that easy. That was poor writing IMO. The writing up until then was good though and showed just why Bullseye is such a fun character.