Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
VashTheStampede
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
I always thought a scorpion and sub zero would be cool and
Check this! A very simple yet awesome dio. Both standing face to face, eyes locked on each other, scorpions harpoon going round subbys leg, thigh, chest and spear right by the side of his head but not touching him at all and subbys arm frozen with frost waves all over his arm. Obviously standing ready to beat the crap out of each other. Now that I would buy!
VashTheStampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #12
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

You know what would make the best MK diorama??

A Mortal Kombat diorama!! Thank you so much for doing this.. MK is an amazing platform to base a diorama on

I think it's a good idea to use the same background from the MK games, them already being mythological-like stages, already makes for a visually interesting (and significant) dio.. MK always had that sort of mystical element.. so maybe if you could somehow incorporate that into the dio via paint app.. what I mean is, for example, a stage which had the moon in the background 9which obviously you can't put in the dio) you might sort of have a "blue moon"-light shimmer or accent on the rocks or base.. another example is reptile's stage with the acid pool (a fan-favourite btw), you could have set in clears like you did with the new scorpion base to depict blood (like a "water effect"), and via paint app could also look like it has a green myst.. also there is so much cool stuff to make a light-up feature rather than just a gimmick - again adds to the mythological/mystical element (i.e. sub-zero's transparent resin with blu accent for ice-ball - which can light-up too, Raiden with light-up eyes with hands which illuminate too, etc)
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
premium_substit

Two personal favourites of mine would be..

Kitana vs. Mileena.. the ladies deserve their own dio

and Goro's lair.. my guilty pleasure one.. with fossils on the floor and "brick" wall just like in the game

I always wanted to see one done with 2 fighters vs'ing eachother with a boss on the throne (i.e. Shao Kahn from MK 1, or Shao Kahn from later games), but I don't know if that could be converted into 3d form.. they are supposed to be in the background, and I still think they'd be too much in the forground even if you placed them behind.. cool concept though.. maybe the thone thing would make a better 1:4.. old man 'tsung or Kahn
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero, nuff said.
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #15
premium_substit

I do think Scorpion vs. Sub-zero should be the 1st release to kick-off the line

Also.. I definitely think as a 3rd or 4th release you should tackle a fatality diorama (just throw 1 or 2 into the mix out of the whole schedule).. ie. Scorpion pulling off his mask to reveal skull (only just getting ready to breathe fire), etc.. a fatality that still allows you two appreciate to characters (i.e. as cool as Sub-Zero's "holding spine" ala predator style is, you really wouldn't get to see much remains of a 2nd character )..

although, even a diorama just to depict a fatality - rather than 2 characters versing, I would also definitely be interested in
Old 11-19-2011, 02:26 AM   #16
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Man all sorts of fatalities are flashing before my eyes!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #17
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I'll leave artistic interpretations alone, but I think the best way to do these is to base them on the most famous in-game character rivalries. So Scorpion vs Sub Zero, Sonja Blade vs Kano, Lui Kang vs Shang Tsung, Sheeva vs Motaro, Kitana vs Mileena and so on. That way the diorama pieces wouldn't simply be showing a random MK matchup, but instead would serve to give fans a display that showed important slices of Mortal Kombat character legacies and histories...

Just a thought anyhow.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #18
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

Make a SUB ZERO doing iceball COMPANION to the SCORPION statue. It will be the most epic MK diorama piece.
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #19
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

A dio of Scorpion Throwing the dagger to Sub-Zero making a ice clone to evade it and stabbing a Sub-Zero ice clone would be awesome
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
You can go parallel for Klassic or more dynamic for the later Kombat versions. Possibilities are endless here.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote