Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Gambit vs Daredevil
Gambit 10 47.62%
Daredevil 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #11
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Think I will. One thing we all have to keep in mind though about the AvX stuff is that Iron Man beat Magneto in one of the most absurd battles ever in comicdom. It was Wolverine beating Lobo level of ridiculousness IMO.
What? It made perfect sense to me. Iron Man simply channels the power of the magnetic field of Jupiter.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #12
Tushar
Hellboy

But yeah, coming back to the topic at hand -- I don't see how DD beats Gambit. Let's assume a fight is strictly inevitable. Outside of DD throwing his billy clubs, he doesn't have much in the way of ranged weapons. It's gonna have to come to a fistfight at some point. Even if we concede that DD is the superior martial artist, Gambit merely has to touch his costume to charge it. Boom. Game over. DD can't recover from that in the same way Wolverine or Cap can. I'm not even counting Gambit's knack for throwing random charged projectiles and his skills with the staff.

Gambit is so underrated. I don't know how pertinent it is to these discussions, but I feel it's important to point out that Gambit can talk his way out of anything... without letting it even come to a fight. They don't call him the silver-tongued devil for nothing.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #13
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Gambit can talk his way out of anything. They don't call him the silver-tongued devil for nothing.
Found it. X-Treme X-Men #4. 2001. I knew I read it somewhere.

Gambit's adventures in that issue illustrate the point I'm trying to make.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #14
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
What? It made perfect sense to me. Iron Man simply channels the power of the magnetic field of Jupiter.
Haha. Still less ridonk than the "nanotechnology" of Marks 50 and 85 from the last 2 movies.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #15
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Haha. Still less ridonk than the "nanotechnology" of Marks 50 and 85 from the last 2 movies.
Lol, Stark certainly advanced 21st century technology a few hundred years just in time to battle Thanos didn’t he?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #16
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Not to sidetrack the thread anymore than I have already, but isn't it, at least, very likely that the nano-tech used by Iron Man in the MCU actually Wakandan in origin?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:53 PM   #17
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Not to sidetrack the thread anymore than I have already, but isn't it, at least, very likely that the nano-tech used by Iron Man in the MCU actually Wakandan in origin?
IMO, I doubt it. I don’t think Stark’s ego would let him use someone else’s ideas in his suit. Not a big fan of the “technology” in Black Panther anyway.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #18
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Lol, Stark certainly advanced 21st century technology a few hundred years just in time to battle Thanos didn’t he?
Yup. Compared to that shiz, channelling Jupiter is a cheap parlor trick.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:17 PM   #19
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
I'd say it's extremely unlikely. We first see what he calls nanotech in the beginning of Infinity War. At this point, he's not on speaking terms with Cap, who was last seen being harbored by T'Challa in Wakanda. Also, Bucky, the guy who killed his mom, has most definitely been in Wakanda this whole time.

Spoiler
(Remember Bucky dies in the snap before Cap and Tony bury their hatchet in Endgame. He comes back only in the final battle and by all accounts doesn't have a chance to talk to Tony before the "I am Iron Man" moment. So we don't see when, or even if, Tony forgave Bucky).

Keeping all that in mind, I don't see Iron Man getting chummy enough with Wakandans to trade technological secrets.

Quote:
IMO, I doubt it. I don’t think Stark’s ego would let him use someone else’s ideas in his suit.
And then there's that.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:52 AM   #20
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Daredevil.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote