Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #391
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow Collectibles - Domino EX PF

Had a statue re-arrange afternoon, the idea being to squeeze Domino in with other X-Men characters.

Lady Deadpool/SSC and Aspen/SSC have been moved from the upper platform to the lower platform.
This had the knock on effect of Ren/HMO having to leave the display. Red Sonja will be next to exit at
some point during 2020, as Scarlet Witch from XM Studio's should ship this year.

During the re-arrange, i decided to place all 3 Black Widow's together with Captain America/GG and Iron Man/GG

Gentle Giant - Black Widow

This Black Widow from Gentle Giant still rates has my favourite Black Widow 1/4 scale.
I'm pretty sure Will Harbottle computer sculpted this piece with the aid of digital data taken during the movie.

Sideshow - The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ EX PF

This rates as my favourite 1/4 Joker. Iron Studio's are reportedly putting up for pre-order their
1/10th scale Ledger Nurse statue in 2020. I can see me getting that. I doubt there will ever be a 1/4 scale piece.

Sideshow - Angela PF

I never grow bored of looking at this amazing piece

[IMG]PCS - Ariel - DarkChylde - Regular (Red)[/IMG]

Ariel - DarkChylde was taken out of storage today, as i found a place to locate her. This is one
of those pieces that fails to fit in anywhere in my collection. The paint app has a cartoon vibe.
I picked this piece up as it was on sale at Sideshow. Next to TV (spaghetti junction)
she resides. At the moment she stands on a lazy-Susan. The piece would benefit from being
raised up by 40cm. I'll have to have a hunt about for something suitable?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:49 AM   #392
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Prime 1 - Catwoman EX
Does anyone else think that Catwomans left leg looks longer than her right leg. Is it just how it photographs. Really considering purchasing this piece but I can’t get past my perceived view of one leg looking longer than the other.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:12 AM   #393
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Does anyone else think that Catwomans left leg looks longer than her right leg. Is it just how it photographs. Really considering purchasing this piece but I can’t get past my perceived view of one leg looking longer than the other.
The boots are the same length. Catwoman's left leg pointing outwards is compensated by her left hip being lower. The distance between the top of the boot(s) to the crotch area is longer on the left leg compared to the right leg. Could this be attributed to left leg stretching, combined with right leg compression - sitting/pushing further into the boot. If Anne Hathaway were to pose this way would the result look the same? possibly?

Sideshow's Red Sonja PF features the same leg pose. A similar pattern emerges. The top of her leg armour on her sticking out leg is lower. Likewise the associated hip is lower.

Time to Google 'thigh high boots pose'

The recent Black Widow concept art appears to feature what appears to be a longer upper leg.

I guess leg lengthening illusion is normal, as the Hot Toys figure shows.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:50 AM   #394
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Another excellent addition to your fine collection. Sideshow really did nail this Domino.
Whatever factory Sideshow used, they have a great factory (workers/artists). My guess is, it is the same factory that made Black Widow PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
That Domino is amazing. Congrats!
Domino looks amazing. I hope Sideshow can replace my EX portrait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Bingooooo.... Dominooooo...

Old 02-06-2020, 06:25 AM   #395
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Mr. Freeze: Heart of Ice - Art Print by Sideshow Collectibles
Photograph taken with room lights 'on'

Photograph taken with room lights 'off'

Photograph taken with room lights 'off' (Photoshop Auto levels applied)

Mr. Freeze: Heart of Ice Art Print by Sideshow Collectibles arrived today. It's a super nice print
complete with glow effect. The photo's above represent some quick out of the box shot's.
At some time in the future i'll have the print framed.

The camera found it difficult to capture the glow effect. The 3rd image with Photoshop Auto levels
applied represents more accurately how the glow effect looks to the human eye with the lights turned off.
I discovered something the other night. When i switched the lights out and stared at the image, the longer i stared the brighter the image glowed. I guess my eye's were opting to open more and more to allow more and more light in.

The room containing my statues/figures/art-prints is windowless, thus 100% blackout when the light switches are flipped.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #396
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow Collectibles - Domino EX PF

Domino PF EX portrait.

..while i had the camera out, i took this shot of SSC - Emma Frost PF. A piece that divides many.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:03 AM   #397
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow - Art Print by Classic Stills - Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow)

Had this on pre_order. 4 weeks later i received a cancellation notice from Sideshow Collectibles.

'This is an update regarding your preorder -------- for the Natasha Romanoff (art print)

Unfortunately we have received an update from the manufacturer that they have
cancelled production for this item. As such we must cancel your order. The order will
show as canceled in your online account, within the next 1 to 2 business days.

Any payments made including deposits will be refunded. Please allow 5 - 7 business
days for the refund process to be completed. Any rewards points redeemed will also
be returned.' - SSC

https://classicstills.com/

Later the same day i discovered Classic Stills had closed its doors.

Los Debutantes (2003)

With the Coronavirus/COVID-19 infecting most of the planet, pre_order's coming in have hit a
wall. Not to mention my job being put on pause for the foreseeable future

I managed to pick up an original Los Debutantes poster from 2003 which is in fine shape given
its age

I spent the day upgrading a picture frame i had. I spray-painted the wood frame gloss black.
The backing board was masked off and sprayed gloss black, and over sprayed using silver glitter.
The plan being to tie the frame in with the theme of the Los Debutantes poster. It looks
great hanging in my movie, statue, man-cave room.

As far as i am aware, Los Debutantes never made the jump from DVD to Blu-ray. I've own the
DVD from 2005. The film is in Spanish with English subtitles, and stars Antonella RĂ-os.
Apparently Los Debutantes took 7 years to make, on a small budget.

In years to come, i'm predicting Los Debutantes will become a sought after classic.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #398
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow Collectibles - Art Print - My Brothers Keeper The Walking Dead

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead - Michonne

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead - Maggie Greene

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead - Michonne (left) Maggie Greene (right)

Stuck indoors, self-isolating, avoiding the Coronavirus.. ..oh Joy!
Been killing time watching The Walking Dead - The Complete Ninth Season, which is shaping up
to be one of the better seasons. I have just finished watching episode 8

I thought i'd whip out the camera and take some snap-shots of my Walking Dead stuff, which
includes an art-print from Sideshow Collectibles, and three 1/4 scale statues from Gentle Giant.
Maggie Greene is my favourite of the three. Daryl Dixon looks a bit like a cowboy. Daryl Dixon
with longer hair looking like a biker might have offered a better result.

Gentle Giant made three other pieces in the line. These include Rick Grimes, Merle Dixon, and
Glenn (in Riot Gear).

If Gentle Giant ever decided to offer more 1/4 scale pieces for the Walking Dead line, i'd like to
see Negan complete with baseball bat, and Anne 'Jadis'.

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead - Michonne 1/4

This image was taken outside in 2018. Additional effects were added using Photoshop.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #399
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Nice pics!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #400
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Nice pics!
Thanks. I tend to simply point'n'snap and hope for the best. I must delete 95% of the images, and save the best for posting.