Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-27-2020, 02:47 AM   #31
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Reading the responses I am happy to see that many would be in for it I changed the title.
@Sideshow: would sell = please start.
Chris
PS: sorry for the heart attacks, I couldn't resist.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:50 AM   #32
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
... it's retro sci-fi looks are timeless imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
... It's an elegant design. To me, anyway.

It was the age when Tony used micro chainmail for his armor. When not energized, it could be folded like fabric. Then becomes hard armor when energized. Growing up
I always thought that was the most advanced armor ever made.

Love it. I'd buy a classic Iron-Man statue instantly. And I hated the avengers assemble Iron-Man.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought of the XM Classic Iron Man. I thought it was a really impressive blend of the classic suit with modern stylings. What about it didn't make you keep it?
I displayed it with the classic torso, but even then I always looked at it and had the feeling it does not blend in perfectly with the other all classic Avengers that surround him. I would be in for a new classic Thor PF as well, although I love the Modern Thor PF. But a classic one would be even better for my final Avengers setup.

Chris
Old 02-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #33
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
When its explained like that i can get behind it

And now that you mention it its not to different from how his armor has been depicted in recent movies with the nano tech. I agree about the design, ive always found the classic look very striking just never really understood how it worked. The 93 marvel masterpieces iron man was sexy as hell

Yea, Tony's armor in the movies is way different. Armor plates rather than chainmail. His nano-tech is more like the comics, I agree.

But his designs in the comics were always elegant and hi tech. To me, more impressive than the movie versions.

MK 5 (golden avenger) and MK 7 (silver centurion) are my favorites.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #34
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

I displayed it with the classic torso, but even then I always looked at it and had the feeling it does not blend in perfectly with the other all classic Avengers that surround him. I would be in for a new classic Thor PF as well, although I love the Modern Thor PF. But a classic one would be even better for my final Avengers setup.

Chris
I have the XM classic Iron Man, too ...and I don't think I'd ever sell it. And I still would like a true classic Iron Man statue preferably sculpted by Bel.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #35
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
as little sense as the classic suit makes from a functional stand point it's retro sci-fi looks are timeless imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Are you guys for real? It's an elegant design. To me, anyway.

It was the age when Tony used micro chainmail for his armor. When not energized, it could be folded like fabric. Then becomes hard armor when energized. Growing up
I always thought that was the most advanced armor ever made.
As a kid I always wondered “if he’s wearing iron how do his elbows and knees bend?” and my kid self wasn’t fond of Iron Man for this very confusing reason until his armor started having joints lol. It wasn’t until later that I realized there were various writer/artists takes on how the functionality works.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #36
Mister H
Gen 13

I've always loved the Iron Man armor (not necessarily Tony Stark) because it was a good mix between man and robot. The Classic armor will always be the best IMO.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #37
Peedi
The Secret Six

I’m still satisfied with my Classic Comiquette Exclusive. I remember buying it for less than retail just because I found it for less than retail and once I got it I was more impressed than I thought I would be and I ended up liking it way more than I thought I would. Plus it’s one of those Ex’s that really does make a significant difference to the statue since he can hold his helmet. Just a great statue even if simple by today’s standards. I want a modern PF/Maquette but I’d likely still keep the Classic.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #38
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I never saw the Comiquette in person unfortunately, but I never liked the idea of the flag, I would like to have Iron Man more "neutral".
Chris
Old 02-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #39
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
I never saw the Comiquette in person unfortunately, but I never liked the idea of the flag, I would like to have Iron Man more "neutral".
Chris
I have to agree, at least before I bought mine. Since they’re a part of the same “era” of statues I thought why does IM have a flag and they already have a Cap PF? That should’ve been more Cap’s thing...and then XM did it with their Cap. But like I said before I found favor and bought the EX below retail. I like the statue in hand way better than I thought I would so the flag doesn’t bother me so much anymore. A few of my past set ups with him:

Old 02-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #40
SONICobra
Batman

^^^^^ really great display
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote