Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-27-2020, 03:25 PM   #651
NotGwen
Justice League

Have an update on this. I emailed Sideshow about the broken portrait and markings on the cape and was told I could return it or take a credit to put towards a future piece since they had exhausted their supply of replacements for this piece. Was initially thinking about taking the credit, but knowing the statue had breaks (even if I tried to fix them on my own) just irked me on the inside.

Reached out to Prime 1, explained the situation, and just got word that they will be sending a replacement portrait to Sideshow who will then ship it to me. Nothing regarding the cape, but just glad I'll be getting a replacement portrait. I'll provide another update once it's here, whenever that will be.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #652
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
Have an update on this. I emailed Sideshow about the broken portrait and markings on the cape and was told I could return it or take a credit to put towards a future piece since they had exhausted their supply of replacements for this piece. Was initially thinking about taking the credit, but knowing the statue had breaks (even if I tried to fix them on my own) just irked me on the inside.

Reached out to Prime 1, explained the situation, and just got word that they will be sending a replacement portrait to Sideshow who will then ship it to me. Nothing regarding the cape, but just glad I'll be getting a replacement portrait. I'll provide another update once it's here, whenever that will be.
Thats good news. Hopefully this contines with both companies.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:00 PM   #653
risingstar
Jedi Order

Good grief. I am on the WL for this one. There needs to be an executive type decision made here to our a stop to this.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #654
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
Did you just contact their general customer support? Mine finally arrived and I need a replacement portrait and arm.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:14 PM   #655
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
Did you just contact their general customer support? Mine finally arrived and I need a replacement portrait and arm.
That really sucks. Hate seeing so many receive theirs broken because it really is a beautiful piece. Yeah, I contacted their general customer support.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:09 AM   #656
Gothamite
Phoenix

What a disaster.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:47 PM   #657
Royalguard
The Avengers

This really sucks. Seems nearly EVERY collector has an breakage issue with this piece.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 05:07 PM   #658
MegatronG1
The X-Men

They will all break eventually, as it was a bad design choice to keep the fragile mask and hair elements as part of the head. If you got a good one, don't expect it to not break should you ever re-pack it.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #659
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
They will all break eventually, as it was a bad design choice to keep the fragile mask and hair elements as part of the head. If you got a good one, don't expect it to not break should you ever re-pack it.
I was lucky to have no breakage. Portrait really needs grey foam that is custom cut to fit around it.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:06 PM   #660
OhHaiMark
Justice League

I reached out to Prime 1's support, hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

I hated putting the statue together, anything that didn't fit smoothly made me super nervous and I kept expecting things to break.

Quality issues aside, she is spectacular. I look forward to having a proper place to display her someday.

OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote