Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-02-2018, 04:14 AM   #101
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Hate when they put characters that people want as easter eggs on other statues. It's just like the Braniac head on the new Superman PF.

So this will be the 3rd piece they have done that has Doc Ocks tentacles on it but still no damn Doc Ock PF, they had one of Docs tentacles on the Back in Black statue along with Scorpions tail, and the ultimate trolling piece is the Doc Ock archive set which was his full harness, tentacles and glasses !

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:37 AM   #102
Raziel85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I Would like to get a spidey with a base with elements of the all sinister six group.. and later I want get all sinister six premium format around this new spider-man.

If I can get this Dream, maybe SS could change the art direction.
Raziel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:44 AM   #103
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Nah Sideshow would never copy XM....I am sure they had the idea of adding villain specific elements way before XM!

And for the same reasons, they would never announce a Juggernaut PF right after XM announced theirs and then NEVER show any progress for months (while releasing tons of “surprise “ statues ready to go!), never!

Oh wait a sec...
Yup they did. If you take off your XM fanboy glasses you would’ve seen it.

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #104
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Really liking this one. Hes got the OG Steve Ditko eyes. I really hope the base looks cool. I never cared for the last Sideshow PF but I'm liking this new one. Very similar to the new XM Spider-Man in terms of pose. I think Sideshow sculpted their Spider-Man better than XM's. Just look at the definition on the legs. Say what you want about Sideshow but Silver Age readers like me will really like enjoy this.

XM's got Bagley eyes btw and word is his other head will be a McFarlane. I have XM Spider-Man and Mary Jane already and I thought I would be good with that Spider-Man but this has got me super interested.

I like how Sideshows colors are more popping and brighter compared to XM which is so muted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66666666.PNG
Views:	70
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	117710  
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #105
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Really liking this one. Hes got the OG Steve Ditko eyes. I really hope the base looks cool. I never cared for the last Sideshow PF but I'm liking this new one. Very similar to the new XM Spider-Man in terms of pose. I think Sideshow sculpted their Spider-Man better than XM's. Just look at the definition on the legs. Say what you want about Sideshow but Silver Age readers like me will really like enjoy this.

XM's got Bagley eyes btw and word is his other head will be a McFarlane. I have XM Spider-Man and Mary Jane already and I thought I would be good with that Spider-Man but this has got me super interested.

I like how Sideshows colors are more popping and brighter compared to XM which is so muted.
Agreed on all accounts. The Ditko eyes are always a plus in my books, I was never too fond of Bagleys work at all, and plenty of other statues use those. If the swap out portrait has McFarlane eyes, that's even better. But I'm sold on this regardless. With the bitter dissapoimtment that the half scale left, I will be picking this up day 1. Hoping that Doc Ock is coming too!
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #106
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Just wait for the finished XM piece and he has three heads.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #107
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

This probably means we won't be getting a Spiderman VS Doc Ock 1:5 Diorama any time soon, these two in a VS dio seem like the perfect pairing to me, would have made a change from SS pairing up hero VS hero in their dio's.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #108
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Looks like Spidey is ripping off the end of one of the tentacles. Also kind of looks like he's wearing Red boots and gloves instead of them being part of the suit itself, will need to see the HD pics.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #109
Raziel85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I dont like nothing the lines of the suit.. I prefer textures on the suit.

The Daniel Bel spidey of prime 1 will be the best.. the base will be very similar of spidey comiquette. Just wait.
Raziel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #110
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel85 View Post
I dont like nothing the lines of the suit.. I prefer textures on the suit.

The Daniel Bel spidey of prime 1 will be the best.. the base will be very similar of spidey comiquette. Just wait.
P1 are doing a Daniel Bel Spidey !?

Is this just wishful thinking or do you have insider intel ?