Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #11
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Chad posted on Facebook he is running 15 minutes late.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:31 PM   #12
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

-Robin base shown on next video

-Factories are back to work but Chad not sure if painters and caster's are back

-Robin and Starfire orders will have replacement parts coming with the orders in case people need them

-Robin, Green Lantern, Starfire and Pennywise are in production but not sure when they will be shipping due to the Corona Virus

Wonder Woman capes are ready to ship and just waiting for the factory shipping depts to get back to work

-Chad says he will give updates on statues and shipping every week

-remaining stock will be up on Friday from Robin on-payment plan can be used but no free shipping-has extra stock-remaining stock will be exclusives only

-$15 coupon discontinued starting with Darkseid-Chad has a list of everyone who has $15 rewards for everything they bought and customers will be contacted before the end of March and will say what the coupon numbers are and how to redeem them

-payment plan successful so far and emails are going out about pre orders being put on the payment plan

-RuPaul is at the port and has to clear customs

-Darkseid, Hordak, Poison Ivy Chad says will not be late-someone is helping him out who has experience (I wonder if it is Randy Bowen)

-Only 35 exclusive Cheetah's sold

-more extra's on Batgirl exclusive but he would not elaborate

-sales for Darkseid less than expected -not sure if it is the price or character-some statues he said sell well and others teeter back and forth-Batman stuff sell well

-have to hit a certain number of Black Adam to produce it-decided to sell Black Adam everywhere-exclusive Black Adam has to sell a certain number-if Black Adam does not sell enough exclusives then it will get cancelled and just do the regular version

Chad said the next video will be next Friday
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:49 AM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

I have a feeling that some people might have ordered their EX Cheeta from SpecFiction due to all the confusion that was going on over at Tweeterhead the last year... I know I did...

I think Chad needs to accept that with the poor customer service last year it's going to take a while for people to trust his company again, even with all the perks he's offering now... Gotta repair the reputation...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:16 AM   #14
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I have a feeling that some people might have ordered their EX Cheeta from SpecFiction due to all the confusion that was going on over at Tweeterhead the last year... I know I did...

I think Chad needs to accept that with the poor customer service last year it's going to take a while for people to trust his company again, even with all the perks he's offering now... Gotta repair the reputation...
Definitely...doesn't seem to quite understand the impact that and some other stuff had on the rep of TH. It'll take time. Glad to hear he's finally getting replacements made at the time of production. That, cs improvements, payment plans and free shipping are all steps in the right direction.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:16 AM   #15
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Does everyone just buy the statues the second they go up for sale? I watched the video and saw where Chad mentioned that Darkseid sales were less than he thought. Hasn't he only been available for a week?

I went in and ordered the EX, but God forbid I waited a week to order it.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:20 AM   #16
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

A lot of people like to wait to see in hand pictures before buying a statue. That's why statues from Sideshow go on waitlist quickly after they are released. Unfortunately, you can't really wait on those pictures with MTO stuff.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #17
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Definitely...doesn't seem to quite understand the impact that and some other stuff had on the rep of TH. It'll take time. Glad to hear he's finally getting replacements made at the time of production. That, cs improvements, payment plans and free shipping are all steps in the right direction.
I agree 100% on what you said. I also fee that few people over reacted to some smaller issues and had blown them out of proportion. Especially looking at delays... I don't see people freaking out about XM, P1, SS... delays as much.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #18
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
A lot of people like to wait to see in hand pictures before buying a statue. That's why statues from Sideshow go on waitlist quickly after they are released. Unfortunately, you can't really wait on those pictures with MTO stuff.
Yea, I think SS burned a lot of people with that. However from what I have seen - that has never been an issue with TH. It's more the construction/attachment points, but those were mostly the same QC you'd see from any piece and wouldn't know til you had it in hand.

For me, if there is a statue I want, I will easily buy it in full, directly from TH without worries of paint apps. But as I don't buy males, I can't help him with Darkseid.

He really should release some strong female options next to test the waters of what sells. I think the Ivy numbers will boost his spirits. Also a good, male Batman villain might help.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #19
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I passed on Darkseid simply because I didn't want yet another TH in the Captain Morgan pose. There are already 8 in the line and Darkseid would be the 9th. There are currently 20 Super Powers statues and nearly half are in the same type of pose.

If Darkseid had been him standing straight up with one hand behind his back (Classic Darkseid) and the other holding Superman's cape and maybe have the the Motherbox switch out for that same arm I would have bought it in an instant.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #20
AC_808
Hercules

Thats what I'm hoping for in a 1/4 scale Darkseid.

This 1/6 scale Darkseid will fit nicely with my 1/6 DC collection since i don't have a lot of the TH Super Powers statues.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote