Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-29-2020, 01:21 PM   #2361
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Who is Colossus holding?
Looks like one of the reavers.
https://www.marvel.com/teams-and-groups/reavers
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #2362
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yea not a good look on that colossus oof
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:42 PM   #2363
Divo

APOCALYPSE
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:36 AM   #2364
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Cyclops, like Storm, has far better costumes since the Lee era. That's why I would like a fresh start. Emma keeps getting her newer clothes, why not anybody else.

As for LSB -- I would buy a good Storm one in a heartbeat. Her original suit lends best to that look because she still has her tiara. I am shocked that Phoenix and Dark Phoenix were never made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Storm original costume LSB would be a dream come true.
100%!

I was hoping they’d do a Storm LSB years ago when they were regularly doing them. Is it seems like they don’t even do LSBs for Marvel anymore, just the newer style busts. I’d rather the 1/2 busts. Maybe Diamond will make a Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Her original costume PF doesn't get enough praise IMO. One of the best X-Men statues SS has made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I love that PF. It's never leaving my collection. I love Newman's work (he's my fave), the QC was excellent, and the swap-outs were amazing even for SS back in the day.
Facts. Love my OG Storm PF. Have the white variant, too. Even with my XM Storm, my Storm PFs aren’t going anywhere. And I’m ready to add another SS PF if they just come on with it lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:39 AM   #2365
Peedi
The Secret Six

As for costume choices it’s actually quite simple.

For characters that have Jim Lee designed costumes SS is doing that costume (Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Jean, Cyclops).

For characters that don’t have any Jim Lee designed costume, they’ll be in something else (Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique, X-23, Emma Frost, Juggernaut, Kitty, Cable, Domino).

Anomaly: Colossus, who isn’t in any particular one costume version.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:05 AM   #2366
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, all that said, even their new X-MEN PFs are a bloody mess. You've got modern looking PFs in Magneto, X-23, White Queen, Colossus, and Wolverine. However, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Gambit, and Rogue are straight 90's Jim Lee PFs (and those are all rehashed PFs).

I bought the recent Wolverine PF because I was excited by the idea of getting an Astonishing X-MEN or modern looking X-MEN lineup. They delivered with Emma and Colossus. However, I desperately wanted a Astonishing (or modern) Cyclops for my collection. What did we get instead? Another Lee Cyclops. What the hell? And to make matters worse, it looks like the whole modern X-MEN PF lineup has been abandoned. Every PF or statue getting released nowadays is only in Jim Lee era costumes. Rogue, Gambit, Jean, and Cyclops getting released mean we'll probably never get another Astonishing (modern) X-MEN PF. It's back to being all about Jim Lee. So, those collectors that bought the modern PFs are now screwed if they are looking to complete a modern lineup. If you bought Byrne era X-MEN PFs, you're missing Nightcrawler and Cyclops. Lee era is missing Storm, Archangel, and Beast at the very least. Astonishing era is missing Cyclops, Beast, and Kitty. With all the X-MEN PFs sideshow has released, you'd think they'd finish off at least one lineup. At this point you're basically stuck trying to mix and match lineups as best you can. Even that falls short because sideshow refuses to make certain characters like Beast and Nightcrawler in 1/4 scale. What a F'n mess!
Sniff sniff... I want a modern cyclops too
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:26 AM   #2367
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
This is how my Storm will be displayed...all the way in the back, so I'm ok with how she looks

As a collector who grew up with these characters (and as a completist), I should be chomping at the bit to own these IS pieces - I just dont know where I am going to display them!

Ive got the SS Gambit on PO with Jean is arriving next week. Like most here I was really bummed when they revealed Cyclops so probably the last piece I'll be picking up from this SS mishmash line will be Rogue.

In SS's "Inside Look: XMEN Collection" video that they released in 2018 the sideshow team were talking about modernising the costumes yet maintaining the comic book spandex design language. Why you lie SS!

But hey, to each their own. Besides its not like I've got a swimming pool filled with gold coins in my backyard so its a good thing that every piece they release is not a homerun in my eyes.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:18 AM   #2368
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Can Gambit get some help? Seems like he's fighting the Sentinel and Juggernaut.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #2369
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Can Gambit get some help? Seems like he's fighting the Sentinel and Juggernaut.
Looks like he’s taking on Magneto too!
It’s Gambit.
He can handle all 3!!!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #2370
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
Sniff sniff... I want a modern cyclops too
You and me both buddy! With our luck, when they finally release a 3rd Cyclops PF, it'll be in yet another Lee costume.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote