Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #301
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think that stoic image works more with the space background. It adds to the loneliness that he feels. Him gracefully "surfing" is what I hope they go with. No angry yelling face, no upright with no motion, just him on his board doing what he is tasked with doing.

Whatever portrait pose they choose, SS better make sure it is perfect. Adding any sort of seam to his body for a change out or attachment point would not be the best way to go. He needs to appear seamless.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #302
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well I think we all were hoping for some kind of information on this or anything else during the bday extravaganza, but that came and went. So who knows. Prolly looking at SDCC if that even happens.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #303
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think that stoic image works more with the space background. It adds to the loneliness that he feels. Him gracefully "surfing" is what I hope they go with. No angry yelling face, no upright with no motion, just him on his board doing what he is tasked with doing.

Whatever portrait pose they choose, SS better make sure it is perfect. Adding any sort of seam to his body for a change out or attachment point would not be the best way to go. He needs to appear seamless.
Totally agree
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #304
Mister H
Gen 13

Really looking forward to seeing this reveal. Having said that, even if SS screws the pooch on it, I still have my Bowen Silver Surfer, which is still currently the best version out there IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #305
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yes it is...

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:47 PM   #306
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Very nice cosmic display!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:11 PM   #307
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Still no reveal for this? Also looking for something graceful, peaceful, and the board is essential...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:23 AM   #308
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Really looking forward to seeing this reveal. Having said that, even if SS screws the pooch on it, I still have my Bowen Silver Surfer, which is still currently the best version out there IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Yes it is...

Both the museum and action Surfer by Bowen are absolutely magnificent. I have both the chrome museum and action Surfer and Randy just crushed both sculpts. Both are EPIC Surfer statues IMO.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #309
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The Bowen looks great. Goofy question but I am not a big reader of Silver Surfer. What is a good graphic novel to read about him?
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:51 PM   #310
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The Bowen looks great. Goofy question but I am not a big reader of Silver Surfer. What is a good graphic novel to read about him?
Check out Silver Surfer Requiem by J. Michael Straczynski.

"The Silver Surfer is standing before a gigantic nebula pondering a matter of somber importance. Alone and concerned, he turns his sights towards Earth to consult with the only people in the universe that he would consider his friends – the Fantastic Four.

He arrives outside the high windows of the Baxter Building and requests a private audience with Reed and Sue. Ben and Johnny watch their conversation from a distance and notice Sue steadily breaking down into tears. Reed makes the Surfer a promise to do everything he can to help him. The Surfer then flies off back, with the intent of visiting his home world, Zenn-La.

Later, Reed tells Ben and Johnny about his conversation with the Surfer, and why Susan was crying. The molecular bonds that make up the Surfer's metallic shell are slowly breaking down. The Silver Surfer is dying!"
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote