Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-20-2019, 11:53 PM   #261
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMan86 View Post
Noticed the decorations at the top of one of death's boots were missing when I was repositioning him to see about adding another PF to my CoTD collection. Reached out to see if there was anything that could be done and got the canned response that it was too late. Sadness. Anyone have any ideas for a potential fix? Only thing I can think is to turn him back how I had him before I noticed.
Damn, that's messed up!

It's a missing detail on their statue. It's not like you broke it after the 30 days was up. Your pic clearly shows the detail missing. I don't understand why they wouldn't help you. That's not cool, SSC!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:58 AM   #262
PaleMan86
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Damn, that's messed up!

It's a missing detail on their statue. It's not like you broke it after the 30 days was up. Your pic clearly shows the detail missing. I don't understand why they wouldn't help you. That's not cool, SSC!
After reaching back out, they agreed to make an exception! Here's hoping the replacement has no issues.
PaleMan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #263
PaleMan86

Quote:
After reaching back out, they agreed to make an exception! Here's hoping the replacement has no issues.
New Death here and all appears to be well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190903_174639.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	416.1 KB
ID:	125633  
Old 09-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #264
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
This room looks very nice. Is that a sunken living room? Very warm colors
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:35 AM   #265
PaleMan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This room looks very nice. Is that a sunken living room? Very warm colors
Thanks! It's the spare bedroom in my and my wife's 2BR apartment. I asked for free reign of that room in exchanger for giving her absolute authority over the decor and furniture of the rest of the place.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #266
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Nice Gretsch...I assume you play?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:58 PM   #267
PaleMan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Nice Gretsch...I assume you play?
Not as much as I should or use to, but yes, indeed!
Old 10-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #268
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Noticed the decorations at the top of one of death's boots were missing when I was repositioning him to see about adding another PF to my CoTD collection. Reached out to see if there was anything that could be done and got the canned response that it was too late. Sadness. Anyone have any ideas for a potential fix? Only thing I can think is to turn him back how I had him before I noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Damn, that's messed up!

I had the same issue with my legendary scale wolf predator with his bottom left foot was supposed to have four blades between his toes, but only three blades were inserted and one was missing (Blade Not broken or in box)as his right foot has the four correct blades attached.

At the time I called Sideshow right away and they acknowledge that yes the blade was missing from the factory and must’ve just forgotten to place it on. Unfortunately since it was a waitlisted conversion even though I was within the 30 days they did not have any replacement bodies. So unfortunately I had to take the stupid credit and deal with a wolf predator that has a missing blade...

Thank God it’s not that noticeable since Pread has lots of details going on about him So the detail on the left foot can be overlooked but the fact that the factory forgot to put it on really sucks on a $2000 legendary scale figure. They should’ve easily mailed me the blade or did something about it cause I’m still pissed to this day even though it was a waitlist conversion they should still be able to ship me a piece with 4 freaking blades!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #269
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I had the same issue with my legendary scale wolf predator with his bottom left foot was supposed to have four blades between his toes, but only three blades were inserted and one was missing (Blade Not broken or in box)as his right foot has the four correct blades attached.

At the time I called Sideshow right away and they acknowledge that yes the blade was missing from the factory and must’ve just forgotten to place it on. Unfortunately since it was a waitlisted conversion even though I was within the 30 days they did not have any replacement bodies. So unfortunately I had to take the stupid credit and deal with a wolf predator that has a missing blade...

Thank God it’s not that noticeable since Pread has lots of details going on about him So the detail on the left foot can be overlooked but the fact that the factory forgot to put it on really sucks on a $2000 legendary scale figure. They should’ve easily mailed me the blade or did something about it cause I’m still pissed to this day even though it was a waitlist conversion they should still be able to ship me a piece with 4 freaking blades!
Typical Sadshow.

You can bet that if it was THEIR display copy, they'd have got in touch with the factory and (at the VERY least) got a blade shipped over.

As a fallback - it should be pretty easy to use sheet styrene to replace it.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:16 AM   #270
Roachmojo
Doh!

Angry Sideshow Prime 1---dog alien maquette

[edit] I couldn't let it go and asked for a full refund, but that I would be OK with going back on the waiting list for a new piece since it is still in production. I am waiting to hear back from them.

[edit2] I was approved for a full refund so it’s going back. I will not be reordering.

I posted this in the Prime 1 forum on this site already, but here goes:

My first pre-order and first time buying any piece over $100. Open mouth head is great, closed mouth head has a dot on the dome that you can feel, another dot on the side of the head and a minor scratch on the front of the dome. All minor.

Right arm is ill-fitting, but a lot of people experienced that issue and it's not like a deal breaker, at least not for me. The arm that's attached to the body does not slot all the way into the base and the fingers are slightly elevated.

However, I wanted perfect for $2K and contacted Sideshow for a replacement. I was told there was no more stock and I could either return it for a full refund or keep it and take a $120 gift credit. If I take the credit, I've released Sideshow from any and all responsibility and that's final. No more options for refunds/replacements, etc. Pretty minor issues considering so I reply on Friday Oct 4th and take the credit.

Last night, I'm looking at the elevated fingers and considering the heat gun treatment I've read about when I push down on one finger and it moves pretty easily. I then discover it...The finger looks like it had been broken at some point and poorly mended,like it was actually melted. I never noticed it before so I'm kicking myself for not performing a better QC. I should have just shipped the damned thing back when I had the chance.

At any rate, now I'm stuck with it, and very unhappy. I ordered the thing in Feb 2018 and finally got it last week, and it's in that state. ^@%#$ me...

Last edited by Roachmojo; 10-09-2019 at 12:34 AM. Reason: contacted sideshow again
Roachmojo is offline   Reply With Quote