Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-26-2020, 05:40 AM   #121
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I found it interesting that they're doing the main pieces including the portrait at a factory in Korea instead of China...
That would seem to imply higher standards and bode well for tighter QC in regards to that essential element.

If I had this on order, I'd be heartened by that.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:17 AM   #122
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I am surprised this sold out so fast, I mean 2K is not the worst price however I would wait for what QS has planned....I know they have 1/4 but did they not have a 1/2 planned as well? With a wing count
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:48 AM   #123
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Sex dolls don't count
Medical grade is medical grade.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:33 AM   #124
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
I am surprised this sold out so fast, I mean 2K is not the worst price however I would wait for what QS has planned....I know they have 1/4 but did they not have a 1/2 planned as well? With a wing count
Queen Studios makes some incredible and lifelike 1:1 busts. I'm not as impressed with their other offerings. I also don't have (or want) the space available for the gold armor WW with wings, though it can be a good look. If JND Studios comes near the prototype with their production pieces I think they'll be the new standard for 1:3 statues in quality and likeness.

I can't speak for everyone but here are a few other reasons I jumped on this immediately:

Low edition size - 700 isn't tiny, but I prefer a collectible that is limited and sells out quickly.

High grade materials - Silicon that better captures the look of human skin than polystone, rooted hair, glass eyes, etc. I don't see any other companies doing all of these things in this scale. They also have talented artists working on their production head and hand sculpts.

Scale - 1:3 is the largest (aside from 1:1) scale that I'm willing to collect. The space required to display them well is already considerable and I feel that 1:2 statues often look like small children in costumes because of their awkward size.

Transparency - Their high quality and detailed videos on Youtube give a lot of insight into their process and give me quite a bit of confidence that they'll go the extra mile to deliver on their promises. Time will tell for sure but it's a good start.

One statue edition - I'm getting tired of the studios that offer 2-3+ different editions of a statue. Sure, each has a low-ish production run, but combined it generally brigngs the count into the thousands. I don't want to have to decide between a regular, deluxe, premium, etc. edition. It's nice when the manufacturer has focus. Quite hyperbolic but think of the Louvre musem in Paris housing the Venus de Milo and someone walks up to it and asks "is this the deluxe version?" It just seems silly to me to have all of these variants. First4Figures, Prime 1, and Queen Studios are some of the worst offenders, in my opinion. Sometimes offering 3-4 versions of the same statue. Sure, it offers options to customers but I don't know that it's necessary at these scales and prices.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #125
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Queen Studios makes some incredible and lifelike 1:1 busts. I'm not as impressed with their other offerings. I also don't have (or want) the space available for the gold armor WW with wings, though it can be a good look. If JND Studios comes near the prototype with their production pieces I think they'll be the new standard for 1:3 statues in quality and likeness.

I can't speak for everyone but here are a few other reasons I jumped on this immediately:

Low edition size - 700 isn't tiny, but I prefer a collectible that is limited and sells out quickly.

High grade materials - Silicon that better captures the look of human skin than polystone, rooted hair, glass eyes, etc. I don't see any other companies doing all of these things in this scale. They also have talented artists working on their production head and hand sculpts.

Scale - 1:3 is the largest (aside from 1:1) scale that I'm willing to collect. The space required to display them well is already considerable and I feel that 1:2 statues often look like small children in costumes because of their awkward size.

Transparency - Their high quality and detailed videos on Youtube give a lot of insight into their process and give me quite a bit of confidence that they'll go the extra mile to deliver on their promises. Time will tell for sure but it's a good start.

One statue edition - I'm getting tired of the studios that offer 2-3+ different editions of a statue. Sure, each has a low-ish production run, but combined it generally brigngs the count into the thousands. I don't want to have to decide between a regular, deluxe, premium, etc. edition. It's nice when the manufacturer has focus. Quite hyperbolic but think of the Louvre musem in Paris housing the Venus de Milo and someone walks up to it and asks "is this the deluxe version?" It just seems silly to me to have all of these variants. First4Figures, Prime 1, and Queen Studios are some of the worst offenders, in my opinion. Sometimes offering 3-4 versions of the same statue. Sure, it offers options to customers but I don't know that it's necessary at these scales and prices.
This was a good read.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #126
unique crysis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

well said man couldn't agree more
unique crysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #127
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Agree totally on the one statue edition. If you're going to charge me $1000-3000 on a statue give me every damn switch out.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #128
nearmint
Phoenix

I haven’t seen the movie, of course, but the wings seem to be an integral part of this costume. When I look at this statue, it’s like seeing Superman without his cape.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:37 PM   #129
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I haven’t seen the movie, of course, but the wings seem to be an integral part of this costume. When I look at this statue, it’s like seeing Superman without his cape.
I disagree with that. Just saw a trailer where she ditches the wings, in fact. Superman has been drawn, animated, and filmed with a cape since his creation. It's iconic for him. This is an outfit from a single movie that appears to change throughout its use in the film.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #130
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I disagree with that. Just saw a trailer where she ditches the wings, in fact. Superman has been drawn, animated, and filmed with a cape since his creation. It's iconic for him. This is an outfit from a single movie that appears to change throughout its use in the film.
Just giving my personal impression. When I look at this piece, I miss the wings.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote