Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2022, 03:50 AM   #51
lighterheaven
Mephisto
 
lighterheaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 438
I wonder the same thing! this Bruce Lee statue's eyes are really amazing!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #52
ukshaun
Phoenix
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 12,442
I decided to pick this up, as i have always wanted a Bruce Lee piece..
..and regret not picking up one of Enterbay's pieces (which now sell for high prices on the after market)

The price of $449.95 is simply too good given current market prices

The bad new, $102.86 TAX is added?

The good news, BONUS GIFT: One (1) imperial guardian lion statue

The good news, $61.39 for international shipping?
..which makes up for the TAX
Sideshow Collectibles would want $100+ to ship this (internationally)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 12:32 PM   #53
lighterheaven
Mephisto
 
lighterheaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 438
Congrats Ukshaun! take some pics when he's arrived!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 12:51 PM   #54
ukshaun
Phoenix
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 12,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Congrats Ukshaun! take some pics when he's arrived!
Will do..

During check-out a box popped asking if i wanted to add a DJ Dragon Holographic Sticker to my purchase?
I could not see an easy way to remove the box from the screen, so i thought why not..
..and added a DJ Dragon Holographic Sticker to the order

A percentage of the cost(s) go towards the Bruce Lee Foundation


LOADING: Image(s)

Question is, where to place a 3.25" w x 5" h $2.95 sticker?

hmm..
Maybe the fridge door?

Brice Lee once said Be Water..
I guess most of us are roughly 60% of the way there already
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:50 PM   #55
lighterheaven
Mephisto
 
lighterheaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Will do..

During check-out a box popped asking if i wanted to add a DJ Dragon Holographic Sticker to my purchase?
I could not see an easy way to remove the box from the screen, so i thought why not..
..and added a DJ Dragon Holographic Sticker to the order

A percentage of the cost(s) go towards the Bruce Lee Foundation

Question is, where to place a 3.25" w x 5" h $2.95 sticker?

hmm..
Maybe the fridge door?

Brice Lee once said Be Water..
I guess most of us are roughly 60% of the way there already
I remember that same offer popped out when I am checking out, but when I chose to add the sticker, it changes the shipping cost.

Bruce statue only, it's flat rate shipping of $10.
But when I added the sticker, the shipping cost is now around $21.

So i removed the sticker and got the "$9.99 flat rate, domestic shipping for Blitzway statue 35826" instead.

And yes, from all merchandise purchased on the store, a percentage of the cost(s) go towards the Bruce Lee Foundation.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #56
ukshaun
Phoenix
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 12,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
I remember that same offer popped out when I am checking out, but when I chose to add the sticker, it changes the shipping cost.

Bruce statue only, it's flat rate shipping of $10.
But when I added the sticker, the shipping cost is now around $21.

So i removed the sticker and got the "$9.99 flat rate, domestic shipping for Blitzway statue 35826" instead.

And yes, from all merchandise purchased on the store, a percentage of the cost(s) go towards the Bruce Lee Foundation.
I am sure they could have slipped the sticker in with the statue for the same shipping price.
International shipping at $61 is impressive. Someone posted hear that Bruce is on the large side of 1/4 scale. I wonder how large the box is?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:27 PM   #57
Yellowbeast
Birdman
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I decided to pick this up, as i have always wanted a Bruce Lee piece..
..and regret not picking up one of Enterbay's pieces (which now sell for high prices on the after market)

The price of $449.95 is simply too good given current market prices

The bad new, $102.86 TAX is added?

The good news, BONUS GIFT: One (1) imperial guardian lion statue

The good news, $61.39 for international shipping?
..which makes up for the TAX
Sideshow Collectibles would want $100+ to ship this (internationally)
Ukshaun, if you sign up for notifications, you get an additional 10% off. Cost me only $405.

I was lucky, shipping is only $45 and I don't have to pay any taxes.

This is more like a 1/3.5 statue. If he stand straight, he will be like 20" tall.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:31 PM   #58
ukshaun
Phoenix
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 12,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeast View Post
Ukshaun, if you sign up for notifications, you get an additional 10% off. Cost me only $405.

I was lucky, shipping is only $45 and I don't have to pay any taxes.

This is more like a 1/3.5 statue. If he stand straight, he will be like 20" tall.
Congrats!
I contacted them about the TAX and they seem to think i will not be hit when another Import Tax when it arrives.
I will wait and see. If i am hit with and Import Tax i might have to bring the issue up and mention the $100 Tax paid already.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:38 PM   #59
lighterheaven
Mephisto
 
lighterheaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I am sure they could have slipped the sticker in with the statue for the same shipping price.
International shipping at $61 is impressive. Someone posted hear that Bruce is on the large side of 1/4 scale. I wonder how large the box is?
They could, but that is not in the option, sadly.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:46 PM   #60
ukshaun
Phoenix
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 12,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
They could, but that is not in the option, sadly.
Too late now. You could have email'ed them. Suggest they add an option to their website:
Option to 'slip sticker into box at no price increase on shipping'
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com