Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
SycoCollectible
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hey guys! We are happy to hear from you, so, keep your questions and discussions coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erihppas View Post
Here's another thing I was wondering about... Do you think Syco will ever take custom orders? Like when someone wants a one-off statue?
Not at the moment. Definitely something to consider for later though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erihppas View Post
In Holland we have a saying that goes "Postponement ends up in cancellation".

Not too long ago there was someone from Syco saying to us that Syco was finalizing Skarlet's design and that they were going to start sculpting her between now and a month or so. Seeing how things apparently have changed, do you think there is a possibility that Skarlet's statue will end up being cancelled altogether?
You have to understand that things in this business change, a lot. As hard as we try to keep everything on schedule and on time, release dates and times get interrupted by various other external factors that we have no power/control over. These are things that are out of our control, so, there is little we can do about them.

Skarlet's design pose has been under final evaluations and the sculpting of her character will begin as soon as we take care of the characters that were planned before her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
That's not how I took their reply at all. I just think they have a lot they want to do before they release Skarlet, that's all.
Exactly. A lot we want to do and a lot that we still have to do before her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Any new Tomb Raider Statues ? and what sizes ??
Not at the moment. We love lady Croft, but, at the moment our goal is Mortal Kombat. If you like Lara, you will most certainly appreciate the lethal Sonya Blade statues (particularly the 18" one featuring the mixed-media alternate costume).

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Thanks for answering all those questions.
Our pleasure!

Quote:
When will the final prototype painted pics of the Shao Kahn 1:2 bust be revealed?
The final painted prototype will take some time, but, expect a couple of new teasers of the full/complete helmet and head soon. We are waiting for WB's response of approval concerning our Shao Kahn bust.

Quote:
Secondly, is his bust bigger than the Scorpion 1:2 bust?
Considering the helmet, yes.

Quote:
Lastly, are there any other 1:2 busts in the works or planning stages after Shao Kahn?
We are definitely loving our busts. Depending on the fan reaction, we would be happy and excited to continue sculpting more of them featuring other characters that have tons of impressive details on them (such as the Cyborgs, a certain tarkatan, or even the sorcerers or shamans, for example).

Quote:
Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobman View Post
In the future release of your pf line can we expect fabrics on the pf. I heard possibly that sonya leather boots might be leather and not sculpted. PS Keep up the good work
Thanks for youe support!

Like Erihppas kindly quoted, we are not planning to make mixed-media a regular thing, however, this doesn't mean that we won't consider other characters for this kind of special treatment if its suited for them.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #22
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SycoCollectible View Post
You have to understand that things in this business change, a lot. As hard as we try to keep everything on schedule and on time, release dates and times get interrupted by various other external factors that we have no power/control over. These are things that are out of our control, so, there is little we can do about them.
Hey of course I understand. I somehow misread your other post and thought you had dropped Skarlet altogether for now and decided to do other characters instead.

Quote:
Skarlet's design pose has been under final evaluations and the sculpting of her character will begin as soon as we take care of the characters that were planned before her.
That's very exciting. I love Skarlet.

I was also wondering if there are (m)any 10" Kitana statues still available after all the pre-orders?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Will Motaro be based on MK3 or MK9?

When will we first see sneaks of Motaro? Believe me I will take his hoove and be happy

Quote:
We are definitely loving our busts. Depending on the fan reaction, we would be happy and excited to continue sculpting more of them featuring other characters that have tons of impressive details on them (such as the Cyborgs, a certain tarkatan, or even the sorcerers or shamans, for example).

That sounds awesome. I'd love to see the cyborgs in this format (with the braids etc - those details really come to life in 1:2). It's good you're using the platform to bring out the deal.

With someone like nightwolf (as you mentioned - "shaman") you could have something like his bow behind his bet set in clear green, and that could light-up.

With the cyborgs perhaps you could try out an obscure portion of the figure (or some kind of "deluxe" version), meaning it would have 1 arm included too, which you could use to reveal all of the gadgets as if they are about to call from their array of arsenal - that would be awesome! In a similar fassion to the bust below:

Say the above was sector, the next you could have cyrax, with his chest open revealing a green glow (his "net"). Which would look so dynamic with the above piece (1 with gadgets revealed, 1 with weapon revealed - but essentially both ready to fire) and really tell a story.

Anything that can give the bust 1 unique ("deluxe") feature really would make this line dynamic (like you've done with shao kahn having a face-reveal.. and in the above examples nightwolf would have a good portion of his weapon, sector with 1 arm included, cyrax with an open chest giving the bust greater depth and diameter)
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #24
CelestaDragon93
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks for replying to my previous question, but I have two more to ask.

Will you be showing any updated pics of the Jade statue with her darker skin tone?

Also, when will we get to see a MK diorama?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #25
Horhey
Kindly Asked To Leave

Oh yeah! It's a move I never use cause it's not included in his "vortex", "void", or advanced combos but I wish it was cause it's one of my favs. Perfect for a diorama..

Old 02-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #26
CelestaDragon93
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horhey View Post
Oh yeah! It's a move I never use cause it's not included in his "vortex", "void", or advanced combos but I wish it was cause it's one of my favs. Perfect for a diorama..

Wow! That's wicked! I don't use Scorpion's flaming flip kick too often, but seeing it from this angle perspective is cool.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #27
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I am eager to pull the trigger on a few of your great pieces but the lack of option for payment via credit card is one of the reasons why I haven't done so. It is great news that you're working on that aspect!

Would you consider offering discounts for Statue Forum members and/or website exclusives in the future?

Also my all time favorite MK fighter is Raiden and I have been waiting over a decade to see a righteous piece done worthy of the Thunder God. I believe SYCO will be the ones to do it right, and great for mixed media treatment. Please make it a reality. Thanks!

And keep up the great work!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #28
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Speaking of Raiden, are there any plans for the thunder god in Premium Format 18" or as 1:2 bust? I think the hat would look cool on a 1:2 bust.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #29
Horhey
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Speaking of Raiden, are there any plans for the thunder god in Premium Format 18" or as 1:2 bust? I think the hat would look cool on a 1:2 bust.
I'll bet my Xbox that there will be a Premium Format.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #30
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I think the hat would look cool on a 1:2 bust.
It could be mixed media with the hat made of real straw...

I'll stop my banter since this new Syco thread was supposed to be more organized.
Closed Thread