Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #791
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
words hurt bro, shes my fave

lol you bring up some interesting points, i really started liking her while reading x-force
Sorry bud, didn't mean to be a bruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
She is my favorite too. Some people just don't get it. lol
I get this character and what people like about her; ninja, skimpy outfit, psychic blade, kick ass, she's a cool character but I would think realistically, she would have tried to recover her real body. Remember, before becoming Psylocke, Betsy was worked as a PSI agent for Britain, so as a character she was no slouch.

Marvel could have just had Kwannon (whatever Psylocke original character's name was) join the team.

Anyways, back to this statue.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #792
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Sorry bud, didn't mean to be a bruiser.

I get this character and what people like about her; ninja, skimpy outfit, psychic blade, kick ass, she's a cool character but I would think realistically, she would have tried to recover her real body. Remember, before becoming Psylocke, Betsy was worked as a PSI agent for Britain, so as a character she was no slouch.

Marvel could have just had Kwannon (whatever Psylocke original character's name was) join the team.

Anyways, back to this statue.
She did join the team briefly. But she let everyone know she had the legacy virus, and asked whats his face to kill her, since there was no cure. Interestingly enough, some evil doers actually succeeded in reanimating her dead, original body. Obviously that didn't last long either.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #793
PacMan3000
The Spirit

I have a question...how important do you all think pre-ordering this statue is in order to get one? Obviously, I understand that pre-ordering guarantees you get one.

But, on the other hand, do you think I can wait to see in-hand pics and video before I make my order (so, closer to the statue's release)? Curious about this because of the MTO process now. The last XM statue I got was the Black Panther, and I never pre-ordered it. I waited until a YouTube unboxing before contacting someone to acquire one.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #794
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
I have a question...how important do you all think pre-ordering this statue is in order to get one? Obviously, I understand that pre-ordering guarantees you get one.

But, on the other hand, do you think I can wait to see in-hand pics and video before I make my order (so, closer to the statue's release)? Curious about this because of the MTO process now. The last XM statue I got was the Black Panther, and I never pre-ordered it. I waited until a YouTube unboxing before contacting someone to acquire one.
I'm pretty sure you will be able to get one even if you don't PO. There will inevitably be people who cancel their POs near shipping time.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #795
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post

If SpecFiction is any indication, you should be able to pick up this piece after it's made. I do believe that is where Nothern got some of his statues from after they released.

There will be avenues, no doubt. Just depends on what way you want to go. But I will say that if you're worried about the QC matching the statue, I wouldn't let that stop you from PO. If you're concerned about what the colors look like in a normal setting, then yes - wait.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #796
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I have three orders in with Spec Fiction, but those are my first three orders. So, all of my current pieces came from buying through here, the other board or BST groups on Facebook.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #797
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Pretty good guess. I'll be surprised if she's as low as 500 like Spider-Gwen. This piece will be the second licensed 1/4 scale Storm and the only licensed Jim Lee costume.
Well there was one other Jim Lee Storm statue that I know of. Back in 1996 Kay Bee toy stores offered an exclusive Storm statue based on Jim Lee's design from Joe Madureira's artwork in issue #325. It was sculpted by Steve Kiwus and was about 14" tall. The paint work was not fantastic by today's standards but it was also only $99 and ES was 3000. I did get one of these back then but this XM statue will be a phenomenal upgrade!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm statue01.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	113154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm statue02.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	113155  
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #798
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh, never knew that existed. It's pretty hideous. I'm happy to have the XM coming.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:53 PM   #799
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh, never knew that existed. It's pretty hideous. I'm happy to have the XM coming.
It was a nice design, especially the way they used her hair to make it look like she was flying through the air, but the paint left a LOT of room for improvement. There's really no comparison to the XM statue. I'm happy to have the XM coming too since this is my favorite Storm costume...
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #800
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
It was a nice design, especially the way they used her hair to make it look like she was flying through the air, but the paint left a LOT of room for improvement. There's really no comparison to the XM statue. I'm happy to have the XM coming too since this is my favorite Storm costume...
LOL, it's actually my least favorite of the well-known Storm costumes, but I love the pose/base/sculpt/portraits so much I'll deal.