Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-15-2020, 12:06 PM   #2391
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
The thing that really killed this line was the fact that they cribbed the sucker punch ladies concept and doubled the price!! The character designs lacked cohesivity for any sort of world building, except for the fact they were all on acrylic circle bases
I think interest was definitely there despite the high price point when the line originally launched with the Whisper Variant. I know I was pretty much all in at that point. GG just failed to develop the brand with the proposed Honey Trap backstory (via comics IIRC) and the line moved at a snails pace for years while they focused on their paid license properties.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:42 AM   #2392
ukshaun
Hercules

Hi, if anyone spots a Honey Trap - Whisper Red variant up for sale, please PM me, thanks.
It is one of those pieces i want in my Honey Trap collection, as i own the others.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #2393
ukshaun
Hercules

Spotted this today on ebay, presumably by the usual culprit who likes to add/uncover boobies on 1/4 statues.
I think possibly the face paint app has received an upgrade.

GENTLE GIANT~HONEY TRAP~WHISPER~SEXY~1/4 STATUE~MSRP $669!

LOADING: Image(s)

Starting bid US $2,100.00

Meanwhile, my search for Whisper Red Variant goes on, and on.. can anyone help?
Old 07-14-2021, 06:05 AM   #2394
ukshaun
Hercules

I spotted Honey Trap - Junior on ebay being offered by tama-toys
For a moment i thought maybe they had got their hands on an AP or something?

tama-toys
Honey Trap Hyper-Deluxe Statue 1/4 Junior Gentle Giant

Pre-order.
This item is expected to be sent to us in: MID 08/2021

Due to limitations in eBay's systems the delivery date provided may not be correct.

The fastest woman alive, Junior Dos Ochos, AKA FIREBALL. Built for action, built for speed.

Gentle Giant Ltd. is proud to bring you the latest release in our ongoing Honey Trap series. Our own line of unique, original sculptures that marry the artist's diversity, individual inspirations or influences from different aspects of popular culture with modern design elements and cutting edge digital sculpting technologies.

This gorgeous 1:4 scale statue has been meticulously designed. Cream white race jacket and matching, zip-up boots pay a familiar, yet tongue-in-cheek homage to Steve McQueen's film Le Manns. A matching modern era crash helmet with working visor compliments distinct orange and blue striping and nameplate script. This multimedia statue also features a tutu made of real tulle fabric.

How the statue displays is up to you; with featured helmet on, ready to roll, or use the alternate re-modeled head and hairpiece for a more "at-ease" appearance.

Thoughtfully composed and seated atop 2 realistic Drag style "slick" tires that mount to a clear acrylic base. This lovingly crafted piece features an unprecedented level of detail. Each limited edition statue comes hand-painted, individually numbered with a matching certificate of authenticity and exclusive 1:1 scale engraved keepsake dog tags with a wrench shaped Honey Trap charm.

From concept to creation, our Honey Trap line embraces artistic collaboration and offers elegance, style, and clever design. A true departure from the norm and a standout piece made for the discerning collector.

Each limited edition Fireball statue is hand-painted and comes individually numbered with a matching Certificate of Authenticity. Also included are Junior's dog tags and an exclusive Honey Trap wrench shaped charm. The perfect centerpiece for the displays of statue collectors and art aficionados alike!

I messaged the seller to let them know, the piece had been cancelled ages ago.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #2395
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I still want Danni Mint aka Brexit!!!!!!!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:55 AM   #2396
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I want the Russian!!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:09 AM   #2397
ukshaun
Hercules

I want Junior, Russian, Danni Mint (aka Brexit).
Diamond Select/Gentle Giant should make these happen!
Old 07-14-2021, 01:15 PM   #2398
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I want Junior, Russian, Danni Mint (aka Brexit).
Diamond Select/Gentle Giant should make these happen!
Agree! come on Gentle Giant, make it happen!!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:22 PM   #2399
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I have all but given up believing Fireball will ever come out. I think this line is effectively dead or put on the back burner indefinitely.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 04:02 AM   #2400
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I have all but given up believing Fireball will ever come out. I think this line is effectively dead or put on the back burner indefinitely.
Blame it on the Star Wars collectors. I guess there is more $ to be had there.