Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #1131
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

No news for custom head?
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:15 PM   #1132
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

haven't seen anything on that
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #1133
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Yea I saw it and it's very impressive. It's my favorite 1/6 piece they've done. Nothing else really intrigues me from that line, but her.
Same here... But I still think it would go great with other Bowen avengers
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #1134
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcls View Post
Man, this sucks, I just got back in town and noticed that my statue leans to the point of breaking. The statue was in my air-conditioned living room, no problems for a month now this.....

If your BW is close in number to mine (#45) you may have leaning issues.
Ugh does this happen only the earlier batch? I just ordered one last night.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #1135
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
Ugh does this happen only the earlier batch? I just ordered one last night.
I believe it was only the first batch that had the issue.... XM will replace it for you though...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #1136
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
No news for custom head?
Hope we get sone customs soon. The original heads was good but I want great! It was keeping me from buying one. Once we see op some custom heads. it will be time to get one. The body was insanely way better and sexier than ss black widow and better then the white widow too. Please you you professional guys lets get some heads! please no he said, she said jokes. This is a very serious matter.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #1137
yipkusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Hope we get sone customs soon. The original heads was good but I want great! It was keeping me from buying one. Once we see op some custom heads. it will be time to get one. The body was insanely way better and sexier than ss black widow and better then the white widow too. Please you you professional guys lets get some heads! please no he said, she said jokes. This is a very serious matter.
Yeah one thing I noticed from XM. Superior body and base, qc, and paint. However, they can't get the head right although they nail the eyes. Charging premium price should have no issue with the faces. IMHO they look too animated. Sadly I'm only collecting female pieces and they can't get them right.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #1138
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
Yeah one thing I noticed from XM. Superior body and base, qc, and paint. However, they can't get the head right although they nail the eyes. Charging premium price should have no issue with the faces. IMHO they look too animated. Sadly I'm only collecting female pieces and they can't get them right.
Kind of hard to keep needing a expensive custom after spending so much. I wished it was done well the first time around like many of the XM male characters are so well done I don't even need the coolest customs for my XM. Sure some would be just for fun like mags. But the females custom portraits is must if I was to buy or keep them. The eyes on them are too animated and thin lines make them more animated like a classic disney cartoon. I do give XM credit for making improvements now with the medusa and ms marvel which looks ways better than phoenix and bw. They are listing and getting better.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #1139
rcls
Frackin!

My replacement for leaning issue

Here are some pictures of my replacement BW that had the leg lean issue. It took about 6 months to get the replacement part but XM kept their word and delivered.

It's still not 100% perfect but is definitely better than the what I had before. They seemed to have added a solid metal rod into the length of the standing leg similar Phoenix. When you pick up the main body there is a increased heft to the statue.

The peg slides in very tightly into the original base of the statue but here's where I'm not sure if the addition of the metal rod causes problems.

From my pictures you'll see that the feet aren't flush against the ground and definitely not against the wall.
Also the backside brushes very closely against the wall.

The foot peg is very firmly inserted into the base and I don't think I can actually remove it without putting excessive force on the main body.

I hope the rest of you who were promised replacement parts get yours shortly and the results are 100% what you expect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-replacement-7.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	94338   Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-replacement-2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	94339   Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-replacement-3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	94340   Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-replacement-4.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	94341   Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-replacement-5.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	94342  

Click image for larger version

Name:	BW-replacement-1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	94343  
rcls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:22 AM   #1140
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcls View Post
Here are some pictures of my replacement BW that had the leg lean issue. It took about 6 months to get the replacement part but XM kept their word and delivered.

It's still not 100% perfect but is definitely better than the what I had before. They seemed to have added a solid metal rod into the length of the standing leg similar Phoenix. When you pick up the main body there is a increased heft to the statue.

The peg slides in very tightly into the original base of the statue but here's where I'm not sure if the addition of the metal rod causes problems.

From my pictures you'll see that the feet aren't flush against the ground and definitely not against the wall.
Also the backside brushes very closely against the wall.

The foot peg is very firmly inserted into the base and I don't think I can actually remove it without putting excessive force on the main body.

I hope the rest of you who were promised replacement parts get yours shortly and the results are 100% what you expect.
Hey buddy, dropped you a PM.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote