Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-22-2023, 09:40 AM   #111
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Will order soon.

Haven't ordered this yet either. Will have to order soon, too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 02:14 PM   #112
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
This will probably be an ongoing trend with the smaller ES from Sideshow, and I, for one, am happy to see it coming back down to the original days of Sideshow.

Just too many options out there these days.
It doesn’t matter when there’s 20 statue companies now
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 06:04 PM   #113
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Happy with smaller ES too. Would prefer to see more variety in character and less ES. Might cost them a bit more for artist renderings but they can offset cost by increasing the price a bit. Not that any of us want to pay more... But if we could finally see some characters like Dazzler, Jubilee, etc, collectors will pay the extra 50-100 bucks.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:12 AM   #114
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayCollects View Post
Looks like ED is 650?

Holy sh!t, with low numbers like this, I may have to mentally prepare (& start drinking, heavily!) for a potential Hulk miss?!

When a global collecting community can't seem to support anything beyond 600-700 units of some fairly new/more obscure character offerings, as demanded? It's a problem, for the hobby.

But when recent news cycles filter through, & you get a better, wider bird's eye view? Just can't shake that feeling that we're already screwed. Just seems like the "last call" you all.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 10:56 AM   #115
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
This will probably be an ongoing trend with the smaller ES from Sideshow, and I, for one, am happy to see it coming back down to the original days of Sideshow.

Just too many options out there these days.
That could be good/bad, because it could mean higher prices since the higher ES is there to bring the overall price down. It could just bring us closer to sideshow pieces being as expensive as custom pieces.

Also they did just release 3 different spiderman pf's in less than a year, one can say that Noir one is a different one cause its a different universe, but of course that would affect the ES of each.

Noir i think is amazing and shocked the 400 hasn't sold out of the ES, but if thats the case it be interesting to see if the collectors edition is 400 or less to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
It doesn?t matter when there?s 20 statue companies now
Well that and several dozen custom groups, you would think that would make the over all prices go down, but seems to be just making them higher. I guess they don't have the talent to be able to support it so they just increase there prices as there demand is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Happy with smaller ES too. Would prefer to see more variety in character and less ES. Might cost them a bit more for artist renderings but they can offset cost by increasing the price a bit. Not that any of us want to pay more... But if we could finally see some characters like Dazzler, Jubilee, etc, collectors will pay the extra 50-100 bucks.
Ya not many folks on here want to pay more, i'm sure there are several just barely able to afford what they get. Tho I do think certain undone characters will get bigger ES's, of course its always a gamble.

We just don't know the mind set of sideshow of low ES, meaning will they risk less, or they be willing to risk more since it will be a low ES anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Holy sh!t, with low numbers like this, I may have to mentally prepare (& start drinking, heavily!) for a potential Hulk miss?!

When a global collecting community can't seem to support anything beyond 600-700 units of some fairly new/more obscure character offerings, as demanded? It's a problem, for the hobby.

But when recent news cycles filter through, & you get a better, wider bird's eye view? Just can't shake that feeling that we're already screwed. Just seems like the "last call" you all.
A lot of folks are spending less that's true, if i was worried about my job right now i'd cancel anything i'd have on PO myself.

There will always be problems, can't ignore everything, but can't dwell on everything.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 12:54 PM   #116
Peedi
The Secret Six

From newest to oldest on sideshow.com (leaving out Poison Ivy and Spidey Noir since they have preset ES). Starting with Thor because that seemed to be the turning point of lower ES.

650 Iron Spider
1000 Probe Droid
500 Movie Harley Quinn
600 Joker
1250 Boba/Carbonite Han
500 Wolverine Ronin
800 reg 400 ex Miles
1000 Zatanna
600 Captain Marvel
2000 Psylocke
750 Kylo Ren
750 Rey
2500 Ahsoka
1000 reg 500 ex Gwen
850 Thor

What these ES say to me is a number of factors that probably dictate ES. Like most things, there’s more than one contributing factor that got us here.

From a character standpoint:
- the renown/popularity of the character (Thor, Boba Fett, Ahsoka)
- if the art direction of the statue was well received regardless of who the character is (Zatanna)
- if the art direction was polarizing or not as well received (Joker, forced perspective bases)
- some characters just lend themselves well to statue collectors (Psylocke can’t sustain a long term ongoing comic for her fictional life but as a visual subject she can surely sell statues)
- Star Wars statue collectors are buying!

From a Market standpoint
- how saturated the character is and other availability for them (Harley, Joker, Wolverine, even Iron Spider already has a few thousand statues already available, I’m fine with my OG Comiquette and the XM came out not long ago)
- what I’ll call “character cap” within the market…Iron Spider is arguably the 3rd most popular/known costume for Peter Parker at this point, so even a well done version shouldn’t be expected to do the same numbers as a well done regular or black costume Peter would do.

From an economy standpoint
- prices of statues have really gone up, people can fake all they want, it’s just not as affordable as it used to be
- it’s not just the statues themselves, I’ve seen people cancel orders over shipping costs
- the costs and prices of everything have gone up. If your bills and living expenses are more expensive you aren’t spending as much on entertainment and hobbies
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:09 AM   #117
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Those are all great points Peedi, especially the Star Wars fans they spend money, just by seeing all the hot toys and the statues to go along with them. I was hoping to see one last non star wars statue this week. Because i'm sure next week will be 2 or so new Star Wars statues.

All those factors tho will suck for people waiting on characters and wanting to save up money, since it will give them a very limited time to PO.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:52 AM   #118
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
From newest to oldest on sideshow.com (leaving out Poison Ivy and Spidey Noir since they have preset ES). Starting with Thor because that seemed to be the turning point of lower ES.

650 Iron Spider
1000 Probe Droid
500 Movie Harley Quinn
600 Joker
1250 Boba/Carbonite Han
500 Wolverine Ronin
800 reg 400 ex Miles
1000 Zatanna
600 Captain Marvel
2000 Psylocke
750 Kylo Ren
750 Rey
2500 Ahsoka
1000 reg 500 ex Gwen
850 Thor

What these ES say to me is a number of factors that probably dictate ES. Like most things, there?s more than one contributing factor that got us here.

From a character standpoint:
- the renown/popularity of the character (Thor, Boba Fett, Ahsoka)
- if the art direction of the statue was well received regardless of who the character is (Zatanna)
- if the art direction was polarizing or not as well received (Joker, forced perspective bases)
- some characters just lend themselves well to statue collectors (Psylocke can?t sustain a long term ongoing comic for her fictional life but as a visual subject she can surely sell statues)
- Star Wars statue collectors are buying!

From a Market standpoint
- how saturated the character is and other availability for them (Harley, Joker, Wolverine, even Iron Spider already has a few thousand statues already available, I?m fine with my OG Comiquette and the XM came out not long ago)
- what I?ll call ?character cap? within the market?Iron Spider is arguably the 3rd most popular/known costume for Peter Parker at this point, so even a well done version shouldn?t be expected to do the same numbers as a well done regular or black costume Peter would do.

From an economy standpoint
- prices of statues have really gone up, people can fake all they want, it?s just not as affordable as it used to be
- it?s not just the statues themselves, I?ve seen people cancel orders over shipping costs
- the costs and prices of everything have gone up. If your bills and living expenses are more expensive you aren?t spending as much on entertainment and hobbies

Seriously, awesome synopsis and points.

From what I've seen in the groups, Star Wars Hot Toys have been selling REALLY well over the past 6 months or so. Their statues don't seem to be doing as well, but are any statues from any license?

With the recent reveals from Star Wars Celebration, it would be smart to have a ton of collectibles going up for the May the 4th festivities. What POs are revealed should give another good look on the state of the hobby.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 10:02 AM   #119
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well, I've now reached the edge, & have to act on the RP stash or risk losing the cash. Decided on this.

I already have a black, and also a classic reg., so I came to realize i can't fight the natural progression, which inevitably led to this Stark red.

Seriously, this sculpt is grossly underrated, or the signs of the times are truly bleak beyond belief. But with fantastic lines & an iconic pose, this sculpt will curl some toes. Great work.

P.S. And because of Sideshow's more than generous free RPs, this thing cost 1/2 price. Sideshow in recent years was in an RP giving groove, (approx. $350-$450 per year?), but collectors failed to be moved, & now may find ourselves screwed. Pity.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 05:13 PM   #120
nearmint
Phoenix

Looking really good.

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote