Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #541
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
Nice! Thanks for the reply, i am looking to buy a 1.4 lens but $$$ ...at the end you see results nice picture looking forward for more!!
The Canon 50 1.4 is one of the "gems" out there. Is not nearly as expensive as "L" Canon glass, but is as sharp(if not sharper) than most! Is the first lens I recommend when people tell me they want to step up the quality of their usual "do it it all" zoom lens that comes with their cameras, but don't want to spend too much.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #542
Predator
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
LOL! Like Sideshow Paint Job will be anywhere _NEAR_ this quality.
Polystone just CAN'T compete with this media when it comes to realism AND detailing. I rather have a seam showing in his NOSE than to have a low quality, sloppy finished product that lost all the fine details during the molding/painting process.
No thanks, let EB keep doing the Bruce Lee's. stuff
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #543
Krypto
Frackin!

Got mine today incredible statue a work of art
Krypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #544
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
Got mine today incredible statue a work of art
Congrats! This piece still sits beside me on my desk, and is indeed incredible.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #545
Darth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
LOL! Like Sideshow Paint Job will be anywhere _NEAR_ this quality.
Polystone just CAN'T compete with this media when it comes to realism AND detailing. I rather have a seam showing in his NOSE than to have a low quality, sloppy finished product that lost all the fine details during the molding/painting process.
No thanks, let EB keep doing the Bruce Lee's. stuff
Ehh..the paint isn't all that and you mean a seam that runs from his feet to his neck. Then there's the big ones on his arm and where his heads connects.
It's give and take. You have seams yet you gain some detail.
I still love the piece but, I'm not going to accentuate a part of it that makes it look fake. When I display something I want it to look real. So, I'll shade or light it in a way that does that best.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #546
Krypto
Frackin!

I have been collecting a long time from the gararge kits to bowen, arh, sideshow, etc but I have never seen alikeness to a real person not a comic character such as this it is amazing.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #547
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Ehh..the paint isn't all that and you mean a seam that runs from his feet to his neck. Then there's the big ones on his arm and where his heads connects.
It's give and take. You have seams yet you gain some detail.
I still love the piece but, I'm not going to accentuate a part of it that makes it look fake. When I display something I want it to look real. So, I'll shade or light it in a way that does that best.
That's a prompt answer, DP! lol
As I said, I rather have the arm/head seams and a much better realism and details. Sideshow Polystone can't touch that material when it comes to realism. Doesn't matter which "light" you put it. It simply doesn't capture the details the sculptor did. So many nice sculpts coming from SS, wasted after their primitive process. And to top that, Sideshow primes their pieces in a VERY thick way, so even more details are lost. I'm done buying human caracters from Sideshow cause that. Most of them comes out looking pretty bad.
The paint on the EB is made during the process, and with the "transparent" vinyl material, make it very life like. Totally different method than Sideshow. WAY more advanced and realistic. I already forsee Sideshow using the same process in the future. Aren't they already in one of their upcoming "war" PF'S?
By the way, I don't see any "seams" on mine that goes all the way to the top. Is the seams that bad on yours, Darth? At least on mine the paint is all that..principally for a mass produced product and I'm pretty picky on this. There's not a Sideshow 1/4 human piece that comes to this realism. Isn't perfect, but $ for $, you get your money worth big time. And from now on EB will only improve, as they did with their 1/6 figures.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #548
Krypto
Frackin!

Me neither Cap, I wish enterbay would do Christopher Reeve, Ali,Steve Mcqueen, Elvis, yul etc etc etc.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #549
cap70

Quote:
I have been collecting a long time from the gararge kits to bowen, arh, sideshow, etc but I have never seen alikeness to a real person not a comic character such as this it is amazing.
QFT. An awesome likeness. To me, that's the best bang for the buck statue ever.
I have pieces in my collection that are valued WAY more than that, and yet this 200 dollars one stand on it's own next to the best of them.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #550
cap70

Quote:
Me neither Cap, I wish enterbay would do Christopher Reeve, Ali,Steve Mcqueen, Elvis, yul etc etc etc.
A 1/4 C. Reeve from EB would be a dream, Krypto!
I hope it happens!