Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #121
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

great find Majestic
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #122
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

I think the problem I have with this statue is the arms.. they make it look like a cosplay instead of a suit of armor. Look at black widow for instance.. that belt, the guns, the hair styles, the huge cleavage.. they're all modern.. Cap.. his boots, his chest suit.. all modern.. while you look at this and its like.. a downgrade.. iron man is supposed to look the most advanced out of all of them.. he doesnt look advance in that.. it looks like a leather suit instead of armor.. The iron man extremis armor would fit best with other xm avengers imo.
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #123
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarfallaha View Post
I think the problem I have with this statue is the arms.. they make it look like a cosplay instead of a suit of armor. Look at black widow for instance.. that belt, the guns, the hair styles, the huge cleavage.. they're all modern.. Cap.. his boots, his chest suit.. all modern.. while you look at this and its like.. a downgrade.. iron man is supposed to look the most advanced out of all of them.. he doesnt look advance in that.. it looks like a leather suit instead of armor.. The iron man extremis armor would fit best with other xm avengers imo.
omar, this is a 'Classic Iron Man' meaning his classic look from his early books. The armour was more basic looking back then. (not a fan of the old style, but it is what it is, and there are plenty of people who grew up with it and love it)
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #124
Reed Rayner
Frackin!

Besides, how many iron man are there flooding the market. I for one have been looking forward to a classic iron man.
Reed Rayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #125
azurepred
Zot

great find on that comic. I like it
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #126
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I do like him posed like this too so I wouldn't mind a switch out arm
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:21 PM   #127
KevinK
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The concept art looks fantastic. I love the modernized touches you've added to the classic armour. It's still easily identifiable as the 'classic', which is most important imo. The base looks great as well although I can see why some would prefer a simplistic street instead. If he does end up with this pose, I agree with the point that it should be a different raised arm then Cap and Thor's.
Can't wait to see more!
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #128
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #129
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarfallaha View Post
The rest of the avengers all have designs based on their classic look but with subtle modern touches, so this version of Iron man fits right in. I'd say Hawkeye has the most obvious classic design out of the whole line up so far.

Iron mans classic suit never made much sense technically but it is without doubt one of the most beloved and important armors in this characters long comic book history.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #130
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Man I hope XM has a classic Vision lined up next.

Perhaps phasing his arm through an Ultron bots chest.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote