Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-08-2021, 06:11 PM   #31
SDguy

At one point I had two Gromm's hoping to repaint one... returned it because I thought he'd be impossible to sell off without them being numbered LOL.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #32
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
AFAIK Lilith only had 30% off once in early spring of 2020. I stupidly passed on her then.

I won't be getting this, since I opted for a custom 1/4 Arthas, which pairs perfectly with a custom 1/4 Sylvanas. From Blizzard I only ended up keeping Gromm and Illidan, sold the rest.
SDguy, will you send me a PM of your Arthas and Sylvannas too? I have an Arthas too, but not custom. The Catfish Studios one. Its pretty good, heavy as hell.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:11 PM   #33
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
SDguy, will you send me a PM of your Arthas and Sylvannas too? I have an Arthas too, but not custom. The Catfish Studios one. Its pretty good, heavy as hell.
The Catfish studios one is the one I have. When I say "custom" I just mean unlicensed.... not OOAK, if that's what you meant?
Old 04-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #34
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I havent bought a statue in years and when I did collect I always fawned over the SS Arthas that I missed out when it initially came out. I refused to pay after market for him and just accepted it that I'd never have it. I really wish this came out when it should have years ago but I gotta say it's pretty tempting. The price is just ridiculous but statue prices nowadays are just absolutely ludicrous for every company.

Price aside they absolutely killed it design wise. I've seen custom Arthas's and I'd say this beats everything including the OG Sideshow, I'm a sucker for interesting bases though.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:15 PM   #35
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
AFAIK Lilith only had 30% off once in early spring of 2020. I stupidly passed on her then.

I won't be getting this, since I opted for a custom 1/4 Arthas, which pairs perfectly with a custom 1/4 Sylvanas. From Blizzard I only ended up keeping Gromm and Illidan, sold the rest.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #36
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
I havent bought a statue in years and when I did collect I always fawned over the SS Arthas that I missed out when it initially came out. I refused to pay after market for him and just accepted it that I'd never have it. I really wish this came out when it should have years ago but I gotta say it's pretty tempting. The price is just ridiculous but statue prices nowadays are just absolutely ludicrous for every company.

Price aside they absolutely killed it design wise. I've seen custom Arthas's and I'd say this beats everything including the OG Sideshow, I'm a sucker for interesting bases though.
Design wise there is nothing to even nitpick on this new piece IMO. It's gorgeous. I'd love to see less bright pics of it, and not on a white background to boot.

Size wise from what I calculated it's an oversized 1/5, or undersized 1/4 scale. I think most of us prefer the former, so no complaints there, seeing as all the other pieces are 1/5.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:02 AM   #37
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

First off, the statue is a great looking statue. While a Lich King on the throne akin to Wei Wong concept artist wallpaper would have been phenominal, this is still a great pose that solidifies Arthas as King of the Damned.

I'm rubbed the wrong way about this price though. These price hikes are ridiculous at this point. I think we all knew we were getting steals when they were $350-$400, but they shot up to 1K now within like 2 years.... If they are going to be charging this, they really need to switch over to full polystone and not just on the base. I think if this goes on sale, I will pull the trigger, but I might stubbornly pass if it doesn't get a sale. As great as the statue is. At this point I can invest in another Prime 1 statue like the DoomGuy statue 1/3. Double the price mind you, but when your already deep in, you have to really think about pulling the trigger and on getting what you want the most.

Sad thing is, Blizzard has such a strangle on their IPs these characters will never be made at another statue company. They've sold the licenses to Sideshow and Prime 1 and pretty much didn't really want to cooperate with them. I mean I guess I don't blame them, they have the skills, the talent, and the resources to do it themselves. So if you want a Lich King statue, this is it. There won't be another option.

You have to tip your hat to Blizzard/activision though. Once the company has your loyalty and brand, who cares about a WoW description when you can get them hooked and get them to buy a statue like this. It's like 10 years of subscriptions.... Well played Blizzard.................well played...

And deciding to open up a line that would use any iconic charcter from any franchise was another well played card.........Unfortunately probably all close to the same price.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:19 AM   #38
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster View Post
Yeah it's weird. In my order details it says "Estimated Arrival - Dec 03 2021" lol So I'm not sure if this is a pre-order or it's ready to ship.

Looking at my records when I ordered the Thrall statue... I ordered it on Nov 29 2020. Was delivered to me Dec 29 2020. So a month. Hoping it's the same'ish for Arthus.
USA site mention text 'Special event item' but UK and main EU websites clearly mention 'PO item' will be shipped September 2021.

The price is 1300euro (is 1545usd atm) without shipping. Unbelievable and more than double of the just released Thrall. They prob think, all other companies are harvesting money.. why not..
Personally already thought the Lilith was overpriced. Only have Grommash and skipped all others for various reasons.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:24 AM   #39
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Not a fan personlly, I much prefer the Sideshow one and at least it goes with Illidan and Sylvanas.
I'mn ot feeling the base on this one and there's no light up.

Thor I sent you a PM as well since I have a custom Sylvanas too (windseeker studios)
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #40
Luminous
Cyclops

Not too long ago I decided to no longer support Blizz/Activision. This price reveal only solidifies my stance.

Good looking statue though. I may have caved at $500 - $600.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote