Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
well atleast you stayed humble.
Yes, even though I have all the rights not to if I wanted. After all pictures, recommendations and EVERYTHING I did for Attakus during my time in this board. Not to count the dozens of Attakus pieces I own/had and the many customers I brought to them.
Unfortunelty, what I said about the human likeness issue is true, but that won't keep me from buying more Attakus pieces. BUT, I will probably stay away from any future human character, unless the likeness is really good.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #22
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Yes, even though I have all the rights not to if I wanted. After all pictures, recommendations and EVERYTHING I did for Attakus during my time in this board. Not to count the dozens of Attakus pieces I own/had and the many customers I brought to them.
Unfortunelty, what I said about the human likeness issue is true, but that won't keep me from buying more Attakus pieces. BUT, I will probably stay away from any future human character, unless the likeness is really good.
good for you.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #23
Weasel
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Why can't Attakus ever get the human likeness right? Is it just a matter of poor sculptors or does it go beyond that? It seems like they would have no problem hiring talented sculptors to get the job done right. I'm sure there are artists who would kill to get a job with Attakus. So why would they keep sub-par sculptors if that is indeed the case?

Could the likness problem be another weird Lucasfilm issue? They won't allow Attakus sculpt an exact likness? Every alien and helmeted human is spot-on. The recently released Grievous statue is a testament to what the artists at Attakus can do. It truly is a beautiful piece. There's no problem there.

I don't know. It just seems weird that Attakus would continually release these statues where the facial likness is so clearly off. Something just doesn't make sense.
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #24
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel
Every alien and helmeted human is spot-on.
Almost every alien:

Other than that, I totally agree. Great stuff but their human likenesses are just aweful.
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #25
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Rock
Almost every alien:

..that looks awesome..
bruceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:15 PM   #26
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

The only thing more revolting than that pic above is this one:

No doubt this is going to make a great companion piece with Vader 2 (even with the hideous sculpt). Here's hoping Attakus can get their stuff right for their fans.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #27
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

yeah.. human likenessss is not their best...but other than that they make the best sw statues out there
Old 06-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #28
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't know, if they made the best SW statues out there, their human likenesses would be better.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #29
bruceb
Kindly Asked To Leave

..other than the human likeness that is...they make the best star wars statues to me...that what's all about and matters....opinions..there's something to everyone out there..and u can't make everyone happy....
Old 06-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #30
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's almost too bad that those statues fall under their SW statue line. I can't imagine Attakus using pics of the human SW statue's to market their SW statue line; but, I'm sure they do since they are part of it.