Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #11
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Maybe this is a case of karma coming back to bite them in the butt for their "Rock Stars" tours, clone commander exclusives, the black stormtrooper debacle and other childish antics they've pulled over the past couple of years. If you look back at some of the older threads there are some horror stories. I remember they shut down their forum because people were furious with them. You can't continuously pi**off your customers and expect them to put up with it for the long haul.
This is business 101. If you've got a good thing going and people like you, don't abuse the privilege.
That said, I still think they make great product, and will be willing to give them a 4th chance if they do a 180 and cut out the BS.
> They need to focus their lines (personally, I no longer buy the animated or dioramas, and have ZERO interest in classic and bustups)
> They need to get to the characters that fans have been asking for (they finally got to the tie fighters this year for Pete's sake--still no Ep VI Emperor, Slave Leia, Bespian Lando, Farmboy Luke, etc)
> They need to release a decent number of pieces a year and stay on schedule (10-12 SW busts a year and 4 statues, the other lines don't need to be as prolific)
> They need to limit the convention specials to maybe 2/year and with a large enough run that collectors don't get killed trying to pick up in the secondary market
> And I'd still like to see them dump some of the loser products and maybe pick up a couple of licenses for busts and statues only if they could handle it (Star Trek, Aliens/Predator, maybe Classic TV)
> And finally focus on quality

This is just good sound business practice that respects the customer.
I agree on all counts.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
Blue Mask
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I sold all of mine except Chewie,stormtrooper han & luke.
Blue Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #13
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Maybe this is a case of karma coming back to bite them in the butt for their "Rock Stars" tours, clone commander exclusives, the black stormtrooper debacle and other childish antics they've pulled over the past couple of years. If you look back at some of the older threads there are some horror stories. I remember they shut down their forum because people were furious with them. You can't continuously pi**off your customers and expect them to put up with it for the long haul.
This is business 101. If you've got a good thing going and people like you, don't abuse the privilege.
That said, I still think they make great product, and will be willing to give them a 4th chance if they do a 180 and cut out the BS.
> They need to focus their lines (personally, I no longer buy the animated or dioramas, and have ZERO interest in classic and bustups)
> They need to get to the characters that fans have been asking for (they finally got to the tie fighters this year for Pete's sake--still no Ep VI Emperor, Slave Leia, Bespian Lando, Farmboy Luke, etc)
> They need to release a decent number of pieces a year and stay on schedule (10-12 SW busts a year and 4 statues, the other lines don't need to be as prolific)
> They need to limit the convention specials to maybe 2/year and with a large enough run that collectors don't get killed trying to pick up in the secondary market
> And I'd still like to see them dump some of the loser products and maybe pick up a couple of licenses for busts and statues only if they could handle it (Star Trek, Aliens/Predator, maybe Classic TV)
> And finally focus on quality

This is just good sound business practice that respects the customer.
Ditto on everything.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #14
P1X4R
Producer

here's something new.

P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #15
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Is that from a chess set?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

What happened to the arms. Medusa would look 10X cooler with her bow & quiver of arrows and Calibos NEEDS his sword. Great likeness though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #17
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Judging from the price($90 for the lot), I believe this are gonna be done in the same size as the classic busts - which explains the lack of arms. this sucks because classic bust are minute!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #18
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

what ever happened to those wizard of oz MBs?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #19
patrickwm68
The Flash

ewwwww
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #20
PitViper
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Damn, I would be all over these if A) they had arms, and B) they were mini-bust size.
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote