Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 08-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #171
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Sad news but i kinda knew it. 1/5 and being 1 huge piece wasn't doing it any favors especially at $1000+.

They should go back and split it down to 2 1/4 statues that can be displayed together or apart.

Maybe just the demand for Thundercats isn't there anymore, maybe a more stylized version like what SS did with He-man would sell better too.
I want it, at that size and price. But I get it, for others too. I hope they can figure something out. It's wierd that an alternative solution wasn't found though, because I imagine they arleady invested a pretty penny into it.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #172
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

They made it 1/5 to make it big but not too big. 1/4 would push this piece up to $1,400 or so. Too much for what most would pay.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #173
Khufu
Mephisto

I really wanted to get down on this, but the rising prices, shrinking display space, abundance of statue producers, etc... most likely killed it for me. I was disappointed I had to ultimately pass, but I can't imagine how disappointed I would have been if I had wanted it more than I originally did.

There is such a demand for nostalgia pieces right now - Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, Thundercats, etc... I think me personally I get so into finishing groups or lines that I end up buying XM Kraven instead of having a Thundercats representation in my collection. But, I can't have the Sinister 5?!?!

I feel bad for the K team as they had a winner imo. I really like the separate them into two statues and salvage what they can, but I'm not sure that would ultimately get it done either.

I mean there are so many producers of quality content in the 1/5 to 1/3 range that as a smaller company they are fighting a tougher battle than say 3-5 years ago. Collectors have sooooo many choices for how they spend their paychecks. It wasn't that long ago a collector could pre-order just about every Sideshow piece that went up, but the prices have almost doubled recently. Quality is higher than ever as each company keeps pushing the bar higher and higher. Hell even packaging is being pushed to another level (XM for example and thank the maker Sideshow started using the super duper corner cushions - omg thank you!!!). Digital sculpting has quickened the design phase and creation of molds. Statues are going from concept to doorstep in 6 months from the other side of the planet!?!

Anyway, I think this statue while absolutely gorgeous is a casualty of quickly changing hobby. I really feel sorry Kinetiquettes and Thundercat fans. It is a great time to be a collector (assuming your wallet inflated to match prices), but we are being put in position where all we can do is look but not tough 90% of the time. I hope they can come up with something that allows their artistic vision to reach the fans. We need a Snarf and Panthro!!!
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #174
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Not the market was when I started 11 years ago. Then throw in shipping has more, more than tripled. I remember the days when we just had Sideshow and GG and PCS and no other major companies. I feel for this company they put a lot of work and money into this piece. They could sell these at some point not sure why they canceled.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #175
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Thanks for all the kind words and advice, everyone! It was really a hefty investment for us and we apologize for not being able to see this project to fruition. We also had a lot of hiccups along the way which caused delays and the nail in the coffin was the poor PO numbers. But we did learn a lot from this and we hope to do much better for you guys in the future in terms of pricing and size.

We do this because we love all these memorable characters and want to represent them the best way we can for you all. We will keep fighting and we do have a lot more coming.

-Adeeb
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:18 PM   #176
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Thanks for all the kind words and advice, everyone! It was really a hefty investment for us and we apologize for not being able to see this project to fruition. We also had a lot of hiccups along the way which caused delays and the nail in the coffin was the poor PO numbers. But we did learn a lot from this and we hope to do much better for you guys in the future in terms of pricing and size.

We do this because we love all these memorable characters and want to represent them the best way we can for you all. We will keep fighting and we do have a lot more coming.

-Adeeb

Well I did try to pre order that piece last week but your website didn't really help.

Maybe make these preorders a bit easier to understand? I really thought that piece was sold out and that would have explained why it was so absent from your website

too bad, it was a beautiful piece
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #177
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

This is a masterpiece. I think you should put up for order again, they would sell out, just might take while.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #178
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Would be awesome to see this again with just the two figures in 1:4 scale on a small standard size 1" base. Would be killer. Hope they can rework this somehow.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #179
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

I want it like it is now. 1/5 great base cool pose.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #180
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

it got cancelled as it is now
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote