Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
azurepred
Zot

Gen 1.0 vs Gen 2.0 1:2 HCG Endoskeleton

So, I'm wondering if people even know there are some huge differences between these 1:2 Endoskeletons? This is the full scale figure, not the 1:2 Bust. Don't know when the changes happened, but at some point, they changed the way they made them pretty drastically. Basically, I have recently bought 2 of these and it's obvious that there was a point when they changed the way they made them. The first one , Gen 1.0 came broken from seller, and I was gonna return it, but my Mother liked it so much, she decided to buy it off me. Not too long after, I found a brand new, undisplayed one, which I refer to as Gen 2.0. I was very surprised when I opened the box. I do plan on cleaning my Gen 2.0 and removing those black spray can marks. I just wanted to make people aware there are 2 different versions (not advertised). The differences include:

V1.0- All chrome finish
Numbered /500 on base
Whiter, cleaner teeth that were individually placed, giving it more of a gapped tooth look
Abdomen Pistons have no soft felt
Very heavy gun, doubt it's too heavy since this Gen 1.0 is so old and hasn't showed stress on the arm.

V2.0- Battle damaged finish ala the SS 1:1 Endoskeletons
Not numbered on bottom of the base, but comes with a COA that includes a number /500
Teeth seem to be a single cast, no pearly whites and no gapped tooth look, bit of a over bite though
Abdomen pistons have felt on the ends
No AC adaptor included, but the one from Gen 1.0 works great
Plasma gun is seriously lighter than the first version. Looks like same cast, paint work, but defn a lighter material to prevent any possibility of wear on the arm over time, but like I said the heavier gun doesn't seem to present any issues I have seen.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
azurepred
Zot

Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
Spazzy
Hercules

Glad I got the first one
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
azurepred
Zot

why is that?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #5
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

are you sure that's "battle damage" and not just rust/bad finish? This suppose to be the clean chrome / new version, and those don't really look like weathered effects.

Does anyone else have a version two?
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
azurepred
Zot

I just spent a few hours removing the black spray paint "battle damage" , so I'm sure that was the intent. It's the same effect used on the battle damaged life size bust. I agree though, I thought they were all supposed to be clean versions, not sure what's up with that. You can see they changed the teeth too. My pictures just didn't show the black spray paint very well, but there was a lot of it. My moms has none.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 AM   #7
Python
Omega Red

Those one piece teeth are horrible, I loved my Sideshow Endoskull but I ended up selling it for that reason, that little piece of cheap yellow plastic ruined all of the otherwise great work that went into it. You'd think individual teeth would be standard for anything 1/2 scale and up as it makes such a huge difference and presumably isn't too much work to achieve.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #8
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I don't there's two versions I think it's just inconsistencies in the manufacture. Mine is numbered on the base, no weathering spatters, felt on the pistons, has a light weight gun and the teeth are only partially separated, so a combination of the "gen1 gen 2"
With the teeth they will all be cast solid then the gaps inbetween ground out so that explains the differences there and as these were made in batches that would explain the other inconsistencies.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote