Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-14-2021, 10:53 PM   #10931
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I’m a comics stickler. And DPS is my favorite comic story. Revisits in the comics, fan art, statues, they all use actual fire, which that’s what a Phoenix is supposed to be anyway so it makes sense. If we keep it 100% accurate, even as Dark Phoenix her energy was still pink.

It's been a very long time since I've seen the panels, but right before she went Dark, and she was holding Jason against the wall with an energy claw, wasn't that yellow like fire? Personally I like the pink but I get why they did fire colors.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:22 AM   #10932
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
It's been a very long time since I've seen the panels, but right before she went Dark, and she was holding Jason against the wall with an energy claw, wasn't that yellow like fire? Personally I like the pink but I get why they did fire colors.
Yeah, it’s yellow and pink.

There’s a handful of times it’s complete or near fire, like the cover of the issue you mentioned, or cover of #135, it’s fire. There’s more times it’s yellow/pink mixed like the example you gave. Here’s one where she goes almost entirely flame bird against Fire-Lord.

But 95% of the time (rough estimate lol) in the original stories it’s pink. I think the Anacleto prints are fine though.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:06 AM   #10933
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Yeah, it’s yellow and pink.

There’s a handful of times it’s complete or near fire, like the cover of the issue you mentioned, or cover of #135, it’s fire. There’s more times it’s yellow/pink mixed like the example you gave. Here’s one where she goes almost entirely flame bird against Fire-Lord.

But 95% of the time (rough estimate lol) in the original stories it’s pink. I think the Anacleto prints are fine though.

Yeah the prints are nice, except they got the Dark Phoenix costume wrong. She didn't have the black around the symbol like she does in the green outfit.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #10934
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Wow I think that is the best Spidey print I've seen yet!!
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:19 PM   #10935
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Yeah the prints are nice, except they got the Dark Phoenix costume wrong. She didn't have the black around the symbol like she does in the green outfit.
Yeah I notice that in a lot of art, they get that part wrong just changing green to red without realizing the costumes have that difference. At least Sideshow did it right on the PFs though.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:23 PM   #10936
Peedi
The Secret Six

And while we’re on the subject, I’m waiting for my Alex Ross X-Men to come in today. Jean is making a fire phoenix from her hand. That was NEVER in those comics and if anything it would be yellow and pink or pink, but it’s the type of thing where I’m not going to let that bit if inaccuracy stop me from buying an overall cool work of art.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:24 PM   #10937
Peedi
The Secret Six

*Double post but I’ll use this space to update.

My last handful of Sideshow orders have all had issues. Art print, statues and an Unruly Industries toy. Chips, broken parts, paint issues, etc. Honestly I feel like **** sideshow at this point. My 2020 with them was pretty trifling. I figured this one would come in great simply because it’s about time. I need to order less from them anyway but this is a great start to 2021 with them.

Will hang this next to Assemble and Original 7. I’m planning to move soon though so it may be a little while.

Speaking of O7, it’s in now for the replacement frame thanks to Parker Jordan, no thanks to sideshow. But thanks again to nearmint for the recommendation, 1st world problems, I couldn’t be without my O7, I’ve wanted this since childhood but I wasn’t going to keep a damaged one either. So thankfully it’s working out.

I feel like the set would be complete with a vertical New Teen Titans done in the same style as X-Men since Assemble was based on O7. I would hang them either of these 2 ways (obviously with Titans being one of those X-Men).

Old 01-19-2021, 11:11 PM   #10938
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
*Double post but I’ll use this space to update.

My last handful of Sideshow orders have all had issues. Art print, statues and an Unruly Industries toy. Chips, broken parts, paint issues, etc. Honestly I feel like **** sideshow at this point. My 2020 with them was pretty trifling. I figured this one would come in great simply because it’s about time. I need to order less from them anyway but this is a great start to 2021 with them.

Will hang this next to Assemble and Original 7. I’m planning to move soon though so it may be a little while.

Speaking of O7, it’s in now for the replacement frame thanks to Parker Jordan, no thanks to sideshow. But thanks again to nearmint for the recommendation, 1st world problems, I couldn’t be without my O7, I’ve wanted this since childhood but I wasn’t going to keep a damaged one either. So thankfully it’s working out.

I feel like the set would be complete with a vertical New Teen Titans done in the same style as X-Men since Assemble was based on O7. I would hang them either of these 2 ways (obviously with Titans being one of those X-Men).

Congrats on the replacement to OG7. I knew Parker Jordan come though for ya.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:40 AM   #10939
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
Congrats on the replacement to OG7. I knew Parker Jordan come though for ya.
Thank you. I’m glad they did come through.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #10940
mattikebukuro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Surprised that nobody has posted those yet.

Really nice Harley print. I hope they will also release the Ivy and Punchline that have been made in the same style.
mattikebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote