Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #71
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Well yeah, but you were born in what late 60's or early 70's? Back then reruns of those older shows were actually fairly new and networks were showing them a lot, by the 90's those shows were no longer shown on any networks beside maybe nick at night...

Out of curiosity I asked my 35-year-old nephew if he watched any of those shows and the only ones he was kind of familiar with were Brady Bunch & Gilligan's Island.. I asked my 21-year-old niece, and she's never seen any of those shows lol

My issue isn't that she's trapped in old sitcoms it's that it's not funny at all... I'm guessing the writers thought if they wrote awful punch lines that it in itself would be funny, but it's just agonizing to watch. Given the Title is WandaVision It makes me think this is how the whole series is going to be played out in bad versions of old sitcoms...
I agree with you 100%

I did see the actor that plays Vision on one of the late night shows the other night and he was asked to explain WandaVision. He said that each episode moved them through a new decade starting in the 1950s. Eventually 'they' figure out something is wrong. He also said that the sitcom format ends and goes into a more familiar Marvel feel.

So I have hope.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:08 PM   #72
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m 40 and I watched old sitcoms on Nick@Nite as a kid. My Dad watched them. So even at 5-6, I knew Donna Reed, Dick Van Dyke, and other B&W sitcoms. To this day, I Love Lucy is one of my favorite shows bc she and Desi were comedic gold.

I hated the Brady Bunch. Loved Bewitched. That opening to episode two was fun for me. It’s all different strokes, but I think it is a smart premise to show Wanda’s powers. She did, after all, make up an entire world for herself in House of M.

And I don’t see mutants as 6 years off. My guess is Disney doesn’t give a damn how sh!tty Fox stuff was. They know their magic and fans want good XMen movies. I bet three years, tops. They have to depower Captain Marvel somehow because that character is ridiculously strong.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:54 PM   #73
built2shred
Phoenix

I rather watch Pleasantville, now that movie was good, way more original than what they're trying to do with WandaVision...

I'm also getting tired of starting in the middle of the story and flash backing to the beginning later on in order to explain everything, everyone has done that to death... it's not original anymore...

All I know is they better have a really really good plot twist in the story to explain all of this or people are going to be pissed if it's just a simple case of "She's doing it to herself because Vision died or someone is doing it to her"....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:41 PM   #74
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Clearly they move through time.

Why doesnt she have a accent
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:33 PM   #75
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

Probably has to do with the time frame. A Eastern European accent in a 50's/60's tv show would be not only strange but probably scandalous.

Since Reality is being altered I can see why it would be changed to fit the era.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:38 AM   #76
off
The X-Men

I hope they do a Marvel's Agents of Shield episode.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:39 AM   #77
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don’t recall her having much of an accent after her first appearance. She seemed to climatize accents quite easily.

And the casual MCU movie goer will have no idea what the House of M plot was. So if they are going that route, I can’t imagine many people would be upset. In fact, a lot of people rooted for Vision and Wanda (always seemed odd to me, but whatever) so they may feel for Wanda and understand her breakdown.

I don’t think there isn’t an outcome where she hasn’t created an alternate reality (or more than one) given the title of the next Dr Strange movie.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:26 AM   #78
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I’m 40 and I watched old sitcoms on Nick@Nite as a kid. My Dad watched them. So even at 5-6, I knew Donna Reed, Dick Van Dyke, and other B&W sitcoms. To this day, I Love Lucy is one of my favorite shows bc she and Desi were comedic gold.

I hated the Brady Bunch. Loved Bewitched. That opening to episode two was fun for me. It’s all different strokes, but I think it is a smart premise to show Wanda’s powers. She did, after all, make up an entire world for herself in House of M.

And I don’t see mutants as 6 years off. My guess is Disney doesn’t give a damn how sh!tty Fox stuff was. They know their magic and fans want good XMen movies. I bet three years, tops. They have to depower Captain Marvel somehow because that character is ridiculously strong.
How dare you! :P
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:27 AM   #79
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

I've known people this has happened to in real life. The accent does go away for some.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:08 AM   #80
adee
Green Arrow

I read House of M and I do think this is where they are ultimately going with this idea but I can't believe the entire show was a sitcom.

I didn't even find it funny and thought it was very corny and boring. I'm hoping it gets better as it goes but so far I'm pretty disappointed to be honest.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote