Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-17-2021, 11:43 PM   #1
kujwa
Justice League

With today’s news.....

We’ve all seen the hashtag, now let the speculation begin. My question is, if Randy does open up shop again what do you think is getting released first? My guess, the FS Absorbing Man that he teased years ago. Followed by a set of The Celestials box set of busts. 😀😀

In all seriousness, if it’s Marvel some combo of Avengers.
kujwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:19 AM   #2
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I don't think he'll immediately pick up where left off years ago. It's been a while and the market has garnered some new collectors. Some of the more popular characters would probably go first to get some traction back and re-introduce Bowen to the market.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:28 AM   #3
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I hope he gives us the D. ...D-Man that is. ...sorry.

If he does come back and it is with Marvel I'd think something like the Avengers/X-Men/Spider-Man...maybe Daredevil. Something that'll sell off the bat.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:04 AM   #4
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Should do a character everyone wants but no studios have given yet. Sinister would be a good example. Maybe dr doom or doc oc.
extracomputer.1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:45 AM   #5
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I honestly don't think those mini busts would be a thing anymore but that just may be me. I never liked busts to begin with.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #6
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

towards the end of when Bowen was producing statues, he was shying away from mini bust production and they were not coming out at the same rate that they were at one point in time. Like I said in another thread he did say that he wanted to produce a Valkyrie mini bust and for some reason I think he wanted to make a Clint Barton Goliath bust as well. There might have been one or two other characters but his main focus seemed to be more on FS statues.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #7
Augen
Metal Men

How long has it been since Bowen made a piece? This was before my collecting days, but learned about it here.

Given the gap and how much has changed I wouldn't be surprised to see a Bowen 2.0 starting with most popular characters in scale (was it 1:6 or 1:7?) sprinkling in ones other companies don't do to see if the idea is viable.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #8
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think he last produced a statue in 2015 or maybe early 2016. I started purchasing FD Bowens in 2014 (when you could get them on Ebay for a very good price) and he was still coming out with statues then.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #9
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I believe the Thor strike-down statue was one of the last pieces Bowen did back in 2014.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #10
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I can't even begin to figure where he would start. My guess is he just picks a design he loves, but didn't sculpt and cranks it out. Maybe a Cap or Thor? How many Iron Man suits have there been since 2014?

There are a TON of X-Men designs never made by him and X-Men seem to change their looks the most.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote