Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-01-2021, 04:37 AM   #1091
Python
Omega Red

They really need to get their shipping prices in order. I was tempted to treat myself to the Cracked tusk Predator this week. Sideshow want $500+ just to ship it via Fed ex which obviously isn't going to win many sales. I added Sideshows even bigger Legendary scale Vader to the cart just out of curiosity and the shipping was $160. This could be partly Sideshow just being ridiculous as they often are these days. But I am assuming that their stupid shipping prices are a reflection of what Prime 1 are currently asking also.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #1092
ukshaun
Hercules

Why oh why do Prime 1 mention they have a sale only to include non on sale items in with the discounted items?
On a lighter note, i see Batman gold variant ( ) is heavily discounted. I'm surprise they sold even one. Perfect for custom painters.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:44 AM   #1093
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Hey gang. There's been a rumbling of displeasure about shipping increases on these forums lately. I wasn't sure where to place this but in case you guys didn't see or ignored it, this message was attached to Todd's Justice Buster PO announcement yesterday.

HEY YOU! YES YOU! PLEASE READ THIS!

OK. So, as you may have seen, for Prime 1 we have baked the shipping cost into the item price for USA customers. Is this something you guys like? I want to hear your truest thoughts on the subject. Please reply and let me know.

Also! For you international customers! For items that have USA ship costs baked in, we can offer you a small discount to prorate your costs since you do not reside in the USA. Please reach out to us with any questions.

Ok, without further adieu, check out JUSTICE BUSTER below!

-Todd
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:52 AM   #1094
BASTEQ
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Hey gang. There's been a rumbling of displeasure about shipping increases on these forums lately. I wasn't sure where to place this but in case you guys didn't see or ignored it, this message was attached to Todd's Justice Buster PO announcement yesterday.

OK. So, as you may have seen, for Prime 1 we have baked the shipping cost into the item price for USA customers. Is this something you guys like? I want to hear your truest thoughts on the subject. Please reply and let me know.

Also! For you international customers! For items that have USA ship costs baked in, we can offer you a small discount to prorate your costs since you do not reside in the USA. Please reach out to us with any questions.

-Todd
I live in Denmark so I would like to see real prices, so I wouldn't have to write yo him every time. Moreover US customers should be able to choose between regular or economy.
BASTEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:40 AM   #1095
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post

-Todd
Personally I prefer the shipping cost included up front so I know what my total cost will be. Getting a statue and then hit with a surprise large shipping additional is a tough pill to swallow.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #1096
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Personally I prefer the shipping cost included up front so I know what my total cost will be. Getting a statue and then hit with a surprise large shipping additional is a tough pill to swallow.
Me too.

Everyone who has skin in the hobby with him needs to email, call or text him and let your opinion be heard. He’s pretty much a Prime 1 seller now. No more random P1 PO’s.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:01 PM   #1097
iNarr
Doh!

After wading through various statue threads today to catch up on the excitement for new releases, I came across quite a few mentions of the best US suppliers to use for Prime 1 Studios. I split my time between the UK and Canada, however, so I'd like to hear the perspectives of Canadian and British collectors on this subject.

I can find at least two Prime 1 suppliers in the UK. The prices seem quite high compared to America, however, to the point I would probably just order in Canada if the conversion rate is better.

The problem is that I cannot find any Prime 1 suppliers located in Canada. One popular US supplier, SpecFiction, ships worldwide and will display prices in Canadian Dollars. I assume I'd still be on the hook for customs fees, however, because even if SpecFiction covers the initial import from overseas, I'd then have to receive shipment from a US warehouse.

Are there any Canadian collectors here? What are your experiences buying Prime 1 and is there a particular supplier you recommend?
iNarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:23 PM   #1098
ShadowGuardian
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNarr View Post
After wading through various statue threads today to catch up on the excitement for new releases, I came across quite a few mentions of the best US suppliers to use for Prime 1 Studios. I split my time between the UK and Canada, however, so I'd like to hear the perspectives of Canadian and British collectors on this subject.

I can find at least two Prime 1 suppliers in the UK. The prices seem quite high compared to America, however, to the point I would probably just order in Canada if the conversion rate is better.

The problem is that I cannot find any Prime 1 suppliers located in Canada. One popular US supplier, SpecFiction, ships worldwide and will display prices in Canadian Dollars. I assume I'd still be on the hook for customs fees, however, because even if SpecFiction covers the initial import from overseas, I'd then have to receive shipment from a US warehouse.

Are there any Canadian collectors here? What are your experiences buying Prime 1 and is there a particular supplier you recommend?
Hey there! I'm new to the forum, but I am a Canadian collector who is just getting into Prime 1. I know this reply is coming like a month later but maybe it can still be of use!

I did a lot of hunting to find a good Canadian store to buy Prime 1 from, and I think I found the 2 best options (especially if you're in western Canada). Based out of Vancouver there is a store called "Toytards." They will order any Prime 1 piece if you request it. If you can pick up in store, they will usually give you $100ish bucks off. If you need it shipped, they will charge a bit more for the statue and then shipping fee though the shipping cost is fairly reasonable.

An even better option (at least for me) is "Starbase Collectibles" on Facebook. He is based out of Edmonton, Alberta. I have heard plenty of good things about them and from my experience preordering through them now, they are super easy to communicate with and provide great service. Prices are in USD but are cheaper than Sideshow. You will still have to pay tax of course, and for large statues he charges an extra 6.5% for duty fees. They offer local pick up, and if you need it shipped out across the county the ship cost is also quite reasonable from what I've gathered.
ShadowGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #1099
nearmint
Phoenix

Welcome to the forum, ShadowGuardian.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #1100
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Was there any information when the next showcase is going to happen?
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote