Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-19-2020, 03:58 PM   #501
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
From that pic I’m not that impressed. Out of all the statues on that table, Sabretooth just doesn’t match up.
I think SS new Cyclops & Jean Gray have the snow-covered bases so he should match up with them...

One of the annoyances with SS is the random bases they use for each X-Men character...

1) Sentinel Base
2) Snow Base
3) Rock Environmental Base
4) Danger Room Base
5) X Base
6) One-off bases which are usually black puck base with some sort of flames on it like Psylocke or Dark Phoenix.

It just makes it tough if you want to put them all together on one shelf with all the different bases.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:24 PM   #502
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Ordered after seeing that Video
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #503
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think SS new Cyclops & Jean Gray have the snow-covered bases so he should match up with them...

One of the annoyances with SS is the random bases they use for each X-Men character...

1) Sentinel Base
2) Snow Base
4) Danger Room Base
5) X Base
6) One-off bases which are usually black puck base with some sort of flames on it like Psylocke or Dark Phoenix.

It just makes it tough if you want to put them all together on one shelf with all the different bases.
I feel your pain but companies don’t do that . Bowen was good at that but 1/4s were always stand alone pieces telling their own stories . I don’t think anyone should be disappointed as SS never ever said these pieces would link via bases .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #504
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I feel your pain but companies don’t do that . Bowen was good at that but 1/4s were always stand alone pieces telling their own stories . I don’t think anyone should be disappointed as SS never ever said these pieces would link via bases .
SS does link some of their statues bases up, they have 3 X-Men with Danger Room bases, several with Sentinel bases, etc... they just won't do it for all their X-men statues... which IMO they should... And SS doesn't really tell stories with their statues as most of them are just museum poses... although that does seem to be changing with more action style poses (IE: Wolverine and X-23 and their Danger Room ones where they're practicing)

XM has been pretty good at matching up their X-Men bases, almost all of them have been rock/sentinel bases, the only ones off the top of my head that don't have that is Emma Frost & Professor X, oh and Storm but given her base is a tornado she pretty much fits in with all the others regardless of their bases...
Old 01-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #505
srttoz
Mephisto

What a unit Sabes is. Can’t wait.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:13 PM   #506
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

1) Sentinel Base
2) Snow Base
4) Danger Room Base
5) X Base

Yeah the base could be a big reason. But Wolverine’s base doesn’t match either but I think he looks great. I think it is mainly the pose. Sabretooth’s got his back arched and I don’t understand the pose from this angle. It’s kinda a caught between the moment pose...is he about to strike? Or was he just hit and is recoiling from the impact? Every other statue I get the pose but Sabretooth.

I would’ve also liked more subtle muscles poking through his suit.
I may still end up picking him up if I like how the EX looks on him. Sabretooth is one of my top villains.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #507
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Someone posted an In hand video on FB. Will try to see if I can grab some vid caps for the forum

EDIT: Vid Cap (best I could capture for now)

What a great sculpt! Sabretooth looks beast. Not the best of vids, but the colours look really good, and that portrait/head in hand looks huge. An unboxing can’t be too far off now.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:13 AM   #508
AC_808
Hercules

Dude! That Sabertooth is killer! Whoa nelly ....can't wait.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:40 AM   #509
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

1) Sentinel Base
2) Snow Base
4) Danger Room Base
5) X Base

Quote:
SS does link some of their statues bases up, they have 3 X-Men with Danger Room bases, several with Sentinel bases, etc... they just won't do it for all their X-men statues... which IMO they should... And SS doesn't really tell stories with their statues as most of them are just museum poses... although that does seem to be changing with more action style poses (IE: Wolverine and X-23 and their Danger Room ones where they're practicing)

XM has been pretty good at matching up their X-Men bases, almost all of them have been rock/sentinel bases, the only ones off the top of my head that don't have that is Emma Frost & Professor X, oh and Storm but given her base is a tornado she pretty much fits in with all the others regardless of their bases...
Starting with Wolverine and Magneto all of the bases fit a story SS is telling. A big battle inside and outside (hence the snow) of the school. SSAlex posted about it before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Not all of the X-Men pieces in the line will have sentinel inspired bases but I think y'all noticed that with the full reveal of Mystique recently. There is a story going on with all of them though...Magneto and Wolverine (and a few others) are on the outside fighting while other characters are breaking in or are inside Xiavier's school.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:10 AM   #510
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm pretty sure if a big Sentinel fight is going on outside you wouldn't have X-men practicing in the Danger Room. Plus I'm not sure what story SS is trying to tell with Psylocke's base... If they would of added a little snow on their Sentinel bases it would have tied in perfectly with the snow only bases on other X-Men, small touches like that make a big difference..

All I know is when I look at pictures from collectors who have a bunch of SS X-Men statues all on one shelf the mix match of bases looks messy... If you only buy your favorite X-Men you could end up with one that's on a Danger Room base, one with a sentinel base and one with a big red X base, none of them go together... They do it with DC also, they put Batman on a Gargoyle base yet SS gives Batgirl a Joker style circus base... makes no sense...

It's probably more obvious with X-Men as they all fight together whereas other comic book characters can be grouped off into their own style bases (IE: Aquaman and Mera with sea bases where Superman and Supergirl can have snow style bases, etc...) They should put their X-Men on similar bases and then once they do that if they make a second statue of any character then they can put them on a solo base as the did with Logan.. anyways just my opinion...