Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #271
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I wander if you guys need to sign to get the package?
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #272
jamezuva
Frackin!

Just got my AP base and waiting on the body. Base came broken where the small column piece is detached from the base itself. Just sent an email regarding the replacement process.
jamezuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #273
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Is it because the box was opened at customs?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #274
jamezuva
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Is it because the box was opened at customs?
I'm not sure what tells you it has been inspected by customs but there was yellow tape on the top and bottom of the outside box
jamezuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #275
gol
The Spirit

So apparently the quality of this statue is high, but is there anyone here who got a non-broken one? This should be a hint that such statues should be made in a softer material.

Also, IMHO the material that some like E2046 use to ship their statues is better than styrofoam.

And what he says in the video is a lie, "this is an innovation, so far no other statue company has ever produced a statue where you can remove the brastplate, so we kinda innovated on this (he insists)".. there are countless statues with removable breastplates held by magnets out there.
(like, here's one http://www.e2046.com/product/6794)
gol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #276
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

e2046 is a huge recast company.

all their kits are recast
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #277
gol
The Spirit

yes, and?

(btw it's not entirely true, they produce a lot of pre-painted statues from events, sometimes before they get mass-produced. Actually, this was the case for the Rei in my link, it got mass-produced a year after E2046's version, and they have an Asuka in the same style that's not a recast, it's their own: http://www.e2046.com/product/8722 [and this one too features a removable, magnetic breastplate])

(actually, they even produced a custom for us [didn't work too smoothly/as it was planned, but it got made], so they have teams for that)
gol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #278
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Does the tracking # even works? My doesn't show up anything, I thought they said it will show up when it arrives in USA.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #279
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Does the tracking # even works? My doesn't show up anything, I thought they said it will show up when it arrives in USA.
This is what Alex wrote today:

Hello everyone

I know we are now getting the AP Medusas in. There have been issues that we did not expect and we are taking care of them as fast as we can. There are no excuses and your understanding is appreciated.

As far as all other projects, we wanted to dedicate all our resources and time to issues on hand with the AP's. Our customers are very important to us and we know we have some great loyal fans and supporters.

ARH Studios Meudsa AP's means something special.
Dont listen to anyone telling you otherwise. This statue is now sold out and very hard to find and some of you have a very rare AP. By your kind gesture and your support we will continue to bring you some real amazing statues the next year. It is more than appreciated!

Anyways, I wanted to come here and tell you all is fine with ARH Studios, and other projects are still ongoing.

We have secured our display with Sideshow Collectables for this years show and will be finishing up a few great statues for display at the show. I will be there to answer your questions and thank you personally. I hope I get to see you all and give thanks to each and every one of you. Yes this year had been both rich in achievements and painful due to to some issues, but we are stronger because of it and will improve.

This time we will have again multiple projects finishing at the same time.
Even though we have had to deal with some factory hiccups ,we are on course for another great year

Again thanks for your support

ARH Alex
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #280
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
The bottom of the base is smashed in.
Big bummer..
Frobay, the brown rock slab is hollow too? How thin is it? Should be quite thick, otherwise where is the weight coming from..

With mine the soldier was broken. Arms & head are solid, but body was pretty thin (1 mm)
Some have/had a broken column (the thickness is a bit better, 3.5mm about 1/8 inch I guess (from a picture)

My replacement will be here within a week or two.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote