Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-21-2018, 11:56 PM   #1051
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Got mine today. It fit, but has a paint scuff right up front. I swear I have had a problem with my last 5 statue purchases and every one of the replacements. I’ll probably just live with it. I’m exhausted dealing with this crap and it is no longer fun. I’ve still got about 10 statues left on preorder. As prices have gone up, QC seems to have gone down.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:02 AM   #1052
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Got mine today. It fit, but has a paint scuff right up front. I swear I have had a problem with my last 5 statue purchases and every one of the replacements. I’ll probably just live with it. I’m exhausted dealing with this crap and it is no longer fun. I’ve still got about 10 statues left on preorder. As prices have gone up, QC seems to have gone down.
Things have gotten pretty bad these days especially with SSC. Prices up quality down. How bad is it? Pic?
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:24 AM   #1053
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
But if you don't tell them, they will just think that the customer is now accepting their subpar production.

And yes, even though a couple of Sideshow drones are pretending on the forums here that they are not seeing the worse QC, it is happening. You can see it all over these forums or Facebook groups.

Send it back! Don't let them give you crap for your hard earned money! Their customer service is quite good after all.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:18 AM   #1054
Otter
Justice League

Placed on a waitlist for a replacement.

I don't mind waiting, I just hope there aren't any more issues.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #1055
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Placed on a waitlist for a replacement.

I don't mind waiting, I just hope there aren't any more issues.
Same here ...but only for a tail replacement.

Found one paint issue on her tail. But I'm sure the replacements will resolve our issues. If not ...we'll keep asking for a replacement until no more issues.

At most I've had 3 replacements for one statue. The 3rd replacement was the winner.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #1056
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Things have gotten pretty bad these days especially with SSC. Prices up quality down. How bad is it? Pic?
I wouldn't call it horrible, but the location is bad. I'll get a pic this evening. I was so bummed when I saw it that I just walked away. It was my second statue problem yesterday.

Just some insight, putting her arms in first didn't work for me. I actually had to put her body in first and push down on her arms to get her into the spot. Looked way off before that.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #1057
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Yea I understand your frustration. I'm at the point where unboxing a new piece actually stresses me out.

Apart from us customers the only people I feel sorry for is SS customer support. They really do a fantastic job but must be sick of it themselves.

Oh and they're also dealing with the cluster ---- of PCS now also.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #1058
nameivom
The Herculoids

Nothing detracts more from a hobby than accepting sub-par production pieces. If you are not happy, let them know. You are spending your own money and you should be happy with what you receive. Plain and simple. I would rather take the time and let them know what the issues are rather than accepting pieces I am not happy with which then becomes resentment towards a hobby that is suppose to be an enjoyable experience. Which is what a hobby is suppose to do, bring you enjoyment.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #1059
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Nothing detracts more from a hobby than accepting sub-par production pieces. If you are not happy, let them know. You are spending your own money and you should be happy with what you receive. Plain and simple. I would rather take the time and let them know what the issues are rather than accepting pieces I am not happy with which then becomes resentment towards a hobby that is suppose to be an enjoyable experience. Which is what a hobby is suppose to do, bring you enjoyment.
Absolutely agree. I've accepted many sub par Sideshow production pieces in the past, and I'll never do it again.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #1060
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Absolutely agree. I've accepted many sub par Sideshow production pieces in the past, and I'll never do it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Yep, 100 percent agree with all of this. This is an expensive hobby as well. Unboxing a new piece should be exciting and fun. Not stressful to the point you avoid unboxing for a week. (I have done that)

Manufacturers should be ready to handle the issue and respond quickly. SSC was excellent the one time I needed a replacement. BUT.....I shouldn't have to deal with QC issues frequently. AND I also shoudn't have to wait 6 months to get a replacment exclusive head for a statue.....TWEETERHEAD!
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote