Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-22-2020, 09:11 PM   #111
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Never having purchased a statue from Tweeterhead before, I would get on board in a heartbeat if they did a continuation line from what SS did. But it we’re going to get a repeat of characters IM OUT!
Not for a while
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:14 PM   #112
adee
Green Arrow

He looks awesome! That staff angle could be a display challenge.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:21 PM   #113
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Never having purchased a statue from Tweeterhead before, I would get on board in a heartbeat if they did a continuation line from what SS did. But it we’re going to get a repeat of characters IM OUT!
So bc you get TWO revisits and at least 5 new ones, you’re out? With that logic you should never buy a SS product.

When Chad put Hordak next to He-Man, He-Man looked like he would get smoked in battle. I’d be all for a He-Man that matches the detail and power of Hordak.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:10 PM   #114
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I think when you get licensed characters done by collectibles companies you basically have to know they will do what will sell. So you know you get main characters and villains, and you hope for secondary characters and maybe some secondary villains. If they go deeper than that it's a treat but I'd never expect it.

I think some people are so enamored with what Bowen did they think everyone is going to do that, its just not the case. I also think that they look at it through rose colored glasses, because he rehashed characters constantly.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:21 PM   #115
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Just buy the new ones and add to the ones you have?

They are obviously doing these to compliment and continue the SS line.

It's smart to do He-Man again and Skeletor because with the 2 new Netflix shows coming i'm sure there will be people who will want to jump on the line...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:37 AM   #116
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So bc you get TWO revisits and at least 5 new ones, you’re out? With that logic you should never buy a SS product.

When Chad put Hordak next to He-Man, He-Man looked like he would get smoked in battle. I’d be all for a He-Man that matches the detail and power of Hordak.
The only reason why it looked like this was because he didn‘t have a cape like Hordak. With his cape and his battle axe he looks awesome as hell: https://flic.kr/p/JUJ28i

Imagine Hordak without cape. And how much more detail you can give a man with the kind of armor He-Man wears?

Why are the questions for another He-Man and Skeletor are answered immediately but questions for the missing part of the Hordak reveal livestream are ignored?
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:27 AM   #117
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Actually you’re correct, I mainly collect Prime 1 and HMO statues now as they keep introducing new characters constantly. But my concern is that they will come up with another He-man and Skeletor and Evil-Lynn and She-Ra and it will be years before we see fresh new characters (other than Hordak of course) that was/is a frustrating thing about SS but hey this is Tweeterhead so maybe they’ll listen to their customer base.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:55 AM   #118
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
The only reason why it looked like this was because he didn‘t have a cape like Hordak. With his cape and his battle axe he looks awesome as hell: https://flic.kr/p/JUJ28i

Imagine Hordak without cape. And how much more detail you can give a man with the kind of armor He-Man wears?

Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:56 AM   #119
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Not for a while
Oh, does that mean that we will get to see some new characters first ... before the inevitable re-release/re-imagining of He-Man and Skeletor is happening?
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:23 AM   #120
craigcliff1
Zot

I would figure HM and Skel would be a while. would think Chad would want to get a out several statues first, then HM and Skel
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote