Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-16-2024, 12:31 AM   #131
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Ok, so I was right, on the previous page, in post #112.

But, I got to the bottom of the '4K issue'. Check out this review of the 30th Anniversary disc that you have:

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/347...sthemovie.html

In the 'video' section, they mention that apparently this was the first attempt at a 4K transfer...but it had issues.

It was probably better than all prior releases at that point, but they went back and did ANOTHER 4K transfer for the 35th Anniversary, that gets much better reviews. BUT, as I said, they only give you the widescreen 4K, but not full frame 4K. My guess continues to be that the 40th will give us that.
thanks, pretty cool review. the commenters on both really beat them both up. Will say I was sad to see they used the same audio for both....but not sure that's fixable. I am betting you don't get something better for the 40th other than maybe an slightly upgraded full screen.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 12:40 AM   #132
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
2016 30th Anniversary (1080) vs 2021 35th Anniversary 4K comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCrlfQ1-gY
again thanks. thats pretty cool. Vast majority of scenes look better on that 4k (some didn't but most did). gives it a more 3d feel to it. Some day when I get a 4k tv maybe I will have to get the 50th anniversary edition
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:21 PM   #133
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
When I pre-ordered the 4K Killer Klowns disc recently, I also ordered the 4K 35th Anniversary TF steelbook. I probably should have just waited 2 years for the inevitable 40th anniversary version...maybe that one will have the 4:3 in 4K...

Haven't gotten it yet, but, opinions on the disc? (especially in relation to other editions). I understand it's the best it's looked yet? I've owned the original VHS and the first (and maybe second?) DVD, but haven't bought an edition in a while, and all the TF talk made me want to get an updated version. Every time I've watched it in recent years, it's been a pirated digital copy.
Not only do I want 4:3 in 4k, however I want to be able to chose to watch the UK(AU) version. Remaster that and add a selector to which version to play.

From memory when this first came out, visuals were great but audio not so good.

I have it but it sits unopened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Even the superb original G1 toys can't get reissues!
The moulds were stolen way back when, so you can get knock off versions for pretty cheap and depending on the batch, aren't bad quality. Hasbro remade the Prime and Soundwave moulds, people a crying out for them to do the same with the Dinos.

They'd make their money back easy, so no idea why they haven't yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
ok just dug through my boxes and found it. was going to post picture of it here but it doesn't allow unless its on the web. don't have any web hosting.
Just use a service like Imgur.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:21 AM   #134
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

The moulds were stolen way back when, so you can get knock off versions for pretty cheap and depending on the batch, aren't bad quality. Hasbro remade the Prime and Soundwave moulds, people a crying out for them to do the same with the Dinos.

They'd make their money back easy, so no idea why they haven't yet.
Yeah, I heard that story too. I did buy a complete set of KO Dinobots for around $300AUD. They're pretty decent quality too, can't really fault them, but I do feel bad spending that amount of money on an unofficial product.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:01 AM   #135
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yeah, I heard that story too. I did buy a complete set of KO Dinobots for around $300AUD. They're pretty decent quality too, can't really fault them, but I do feel bad spending that amount of money on an unofficial product.
I hear ya.

Maybe we'll get a "Missing Link" Grimlock in the future considering how well the Missing Link Prime was received.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:37 AM   #136
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I hear ya.

Maybe we'll get a "Missing Link" Grimlock in the future considering how well the Missing Link Prime was received.
A Missing Link Grimlock? Ooh wouldn't that be nice. Surely Hasbro & Takara know by now how popular the Dinobots are. They'd sell like hotcakes.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote