Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-28-2024, 03:59 PM   #11
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
It?s a unique choice, but not a smart one. When it?s sitting in stock (like Basquiat), I?m sure JND?s investors won?t be happy.

There are plenty of properties they can pull from that aren?t even of western origin that would sell significantly better than this. None of them have been done before either.

I won?t be surprised to see people flaking on this piece, because let?s be real, how much are people going to care to spend this much on this actress compared to the nostalgia pull that other actors have?
At this point - I'm not sure anything will necessarily sell well in the current market. If JND are smart, they'll pivot away from competing for western I.P's, and consolidate to new properties and markets. I agree, Basquiat was a head scratch, but going by the results - so to was the Henry Cavil Witcher piece.

Saying there's plenty of better properties to pull from is a completely empty statement. That's like saying to someone "guess a number" - even if JND randomly landed on a property that you approved of, a million others would complain.....that's the nature of the game.

In my opinion, this is an inspired choice. It's a step away from the usual fair - and, dare I say it....actually gives some legitimacy to the Basquiat piece.....when they released Basquiat, it didn't make sense when compared to their catalogue of products.....even their Old Boy piece was a significant departure from the usual Super Hero offerings...but now seeing this piece....I'm wondering, and hopeful, that JND is moving away from being compared to Queen, Infinity and Blitzway, and is determining itself as a company providing products for customers who want to have a "different" and more "diverse" collection.

As I'm sure many collectors are looking for ways to be excited, and inspired by this hobby - and this piece is giving me that magic feeling. I genuinely want this piece to be a hit (for me) - and the fact that many others might not like it, or see a value in it, somehow makes it even more attractive for.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 05:34 PM   #12
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Quote:
I think this company is going to be bankrupt in about another year. These choices just show that the owners have no idea what they?re doing.
LOL!
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:31 AM   #13
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
No, but even private companies have investors backing it is what I mean.
The company is small enough that the shareholders may very well simply be one of the guys on their videos etc. And like many businesses, just have a simple commercial loan from the bank behind them etc.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:54 AM   #14
StefanCo
Birdman

Anyone familiar with the character? Is it a TV series, movie or multiple movies/franchise? What is the genre?
I'm always open to discover new cinema outside the mainstream.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:58 AM   #15
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Who dis?
+1
I have no idea..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 10:17 AM   #16
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
Anyone familiar with the character? Is it a TV series, movie or multiple movies/franchise? What is the genre?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0875025/
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:14 PM   #17
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Frankly, its a smart move.
Rather than release another piece that may or may not necessarily bode well for Western culture, they are releasing straight to their main target, The Korean collectors.

People have to realize that US is not their main target, but it certainly helps to sell more when it also can entice that Market.

Just look at that 1/6 Bruce Wayne, it took longer to sell out, cause they were hoping the Western Market would be highly interested, but many of people passed as they also had a Hot toys option.
I would assume it eventually sold out cause of the Asian Market buying the rest, and not Western Market.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 04:44 PM   #18
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Makes me laugh how people think this company is done due to not knowing who this person is. The western world is not the only, or even most important market
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 05:01 PM   #19
Yamato
Justice League

This hobby is fueled off nostalgia (and especially old standing properties), I don’t think I need to make a long list of what will sell, but it’s not this I assure you.

And again, I go back to the point - never put all of your eggs in one basket.

Later on, people will be wondering what happened to JND with the business decisions they’re making. Even Prime 1 eventually learned on how necessary it was to diversify in order to survive, but to stay within reality for their choices.

It’s not even about what I approve of, it’s what makes sense.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:00 PM   #20
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
This hobby is fueled off nostalgia (and especially old standing properties), I don?t think I need to make a long list of what will sell, but it?s not this I assure you.

And again, I go back to the point - never put all of your eggs in one basket.

Later on, people will be wondering what happened to JND with the business decisions they?re making. Even Prime 1 eventually learned on how necessary it was to diversify in order to survive, but to stay within reality for their choices.

It?s not even about what I approve of, it?s what makes sense.
I don't really get your point. Ok, you think it's a bad choice, you think JND will go bankrupt, you believe they should make the characters you believe would sell better.....I think that sums up your opinion.

Maybe you're right on every point.....but now what?

I'm looking forward to this piece (as I've said before) but every time I come back to this thread, it seems like it's just another post taking a dump on the company decision. Is this entertaining? I mean, is this really creating anything positive for the collecting experience?

I'm not saying we shouldn't have a healthy debate - but, all I'm seeing are just negative opinions. There's no facts backing up any of the doomsday statements....."this piece won't sell" - why don't we wait and see? It won't bother me if it doesn't sell out - as long as I get a copy for my collection....."this hobby is fuelled on nostalgia".....no it's not, I'm living proof of at least one other collector who does not buy based on nostalgia....I'm not saying no one buys for nostalgic reasons, but it's not a hard and fast rule......"Prime1 diversified".....really? I guess I'm imagining the continued flood of Batman figures pouring out their design studio. Not to mention, how long Prime1 has been in the game compared to JND, and how many pieces P1 dumps on the market each year, compared to JND.

In conclusion - it seems clear to me, that JND is simply not the company you want them to be....and that's ok, because there are many out there doing equally great work, and probably catering to the I.P's you enjoy......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote