Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-07-2018, 02:52 AM   #691
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

I like catwoman and poison ivy, i need irises in my portraits to pass any clear judgement but the dark phoneix ones are incredible. Their first reveal of the calm portrait and it was flat out one of the best i've seen. They have a tendency to add too much eyeliner which can sometimes diminish the el naturel state.

Very partial to the emma frost portrait, it just has so much emotion and life to it. Mystique looks good to me, even though alot of ppl hate it.

XM is probably sticking to their guns atm, which is building up on their feminine portraits. Their storm offering is a step in the right direction portrait wise, fuller looking body sculpts; but they really have to change up the poses. Storm is another arm outreach pose.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:47 PM   #692
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'm kind of just discovering XM Studios in the past week or so and man....they make some impressive stuff. I have the Wolverine PF on order from Sideshow but I'm seriously considering cancelling it for this. I actually already have a blue suited Wolverine in the 1/5 Hulk vs. Wolverine maquette so I don't really want another one, and besides I love the brown suit anyway. Plus the detail/extras on this are just insane, I love that one of the arm switch outs has the bone claws. Just outstanding.

I think I may be spending a bit more on some statues soon (I really want that Thor but I need some more details on the PO status,) but man, they really seem worth it to me. Just amazing attention to detail.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:32 AM   #693
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I'm kind of just discovering XM Studios in the past week or so and man....they make some impressive stuff. I have the Wolverine PF on order from Sideshow but I'm seriously considering cancelling it for this. I actually already have a blue suited Wolverine in the 1/5 Hulk vs. Wolverine maquette so I don't really want another one, and besides I love the brown suit anyway. Plus the detail/extras on this are just insane, I love that one of the arm switch outs has the bone claws. Just outstanding.

I think I may be spending a bit more on some statues soon (I really want that Thor but I need some more details on the PO status,) but man, they really seem worth it to me. Just amazing attention to detail.
Blue suit by SS was knocked out of the park get both to complete your display
If you are talking about caleb's viking? Thats not thor, but looks like something that came out of skyrim. Epic.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:37 AM   #694
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Blue suit by SS was knocked out of the park get both to complete your display
If you are talking about caleb's viking? Thats not thor, but looks like something that came out of skyrim. Epic.
I believe it's based on the Mythological Thor...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:42 AM   #695
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I believe it's based on the Mythological Thor...
It's definitely based on the Mythological Thor, just like Marvel's Thor is based on the Mythological Thor lol. I know people have their opinions on all of that one way or another but it's irrelevant to me. I like Thor (Marvel or otherwise) and the statue is amazing. Thus I want it. And I have no issue at all putting him right next to Captain America. Who is also "Mythological" lol.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #696
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
It's definitely based on the Mythological Thor, just like Marvel's Thor is based on the Mythological Thor lol. I know people have their opinions on all of that one way or another but it's irrelevant to me. I like Thor (Marvel or otherwise) and the statue is amazing. Thus I want it. And I have no issue at all putting him right next to Captain America. Who is also "Mythological" lol.
Yeah but Marvel's Mythology is a bit different then the regular Mythology

Either way, still a killer looking statue....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #697
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah but Marvel's Mythology is a bit different then the regular Mythology

Either way, still a killer looking statue....
Thor is really a red head (Marvel changed him to blonde), he’s married, has 2 sons and a daughter... Marvel certainly did their own take on Thor.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:57 AM   #698
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
I couldn't agree more!!!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #699
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Would this not be better for the thor thread?
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #700
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Would this not be better for the thor thread?
Yeah, maybe!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote