Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-08-2017, 01:51 AM   #1581
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I just received my copy today. Currently don't have any space to assemble and display her so I placed all the parts back into the box after checking them for damages (none fortunately).

This is my very first premium level 1/4 scale figure purchase, and I'm very happy with the paintjob and overall quality I know the reactions to this statue were pretty mixed, but I personally really like the "angry" portrait, and it really does look alot better in person than in photos.

The only minor complaint I have is they should have placed the artprint into a plastic sleeve before placing it into the envelope. As the envelope was bigger than the print, it allowed for movement which caused minor rubbing on the print. Did anyone frame their print and can recommend a particular brand/size frame they found suitable?
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #1582
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm considering getting myself a Witchblade. I don't have Darkness, and have no intention of getting Magdalena. But, I am still holding out hope that they do Angelus. Plus, I think she would look pretty good next to the new Sideshow Aspen.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #1583
AC_808
Hercules

Personally, I wouldn't put them together.

You'll see the difference in anatomy and sculpt very glaringly. That's just me, tho.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #1584
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't put them together.

You'll see the difference in anatomy and sculpt very glaringly. That's just me, tho.
Hmm, IDK if I agree.

Here's like the crappiest, fastest photoshop I did based on the two closest images I could find size wise. I still think they look good despite the mismash of pics.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #1585
Bloodrayne
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not like it matters what I think about this, but I have to agree after seeing them next to each other. They have enough things in common, like base, posture, expression, etc. that they don't look out of place if they would be displayed next to each other.

Damn. They could totally be BFFs if you'd ask me!
Bloodrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #1586
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Hmm, IDK if I agree.

Here's like the crappiest, fastest photoshop I did based on the two closest images I could find size wise. I still think they look good despite the mismash of pics.

It’s just me ...my preference.

I don’t like the sculpt on Witchblade, but I really like the sculpt on Aspen. I just wouldn’t put them together.

I really think XM could’ve done so much better with Witchblade ...
Old 11-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #1587
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrayne View Post
Not like it matters what I think about this, but I have to agree after seeing them next to each other. They have enough things in common, like base, posture, expression, etc. that they don't look out of place if they would be displayed next to each other.

Damn. They could totally be BFFs if you'd ask me!
+1
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #1588
iceprince_x
Deadman

After repositioning my statue collection, Witchblade’s head is awkwardly small than everyone’s. The long hair is worst because it creates an illusion of a longer and titling head like that of a cobra. I wish to have a new Witchblade worthy to be line with Magdalena, Aspen and the perfection of that is the Darkness.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #1589
AC_808
Hercules

Yup, totally agree.

The XM Darkness was so perfect, I couldn't order fast enough. I was so blown away by that. I've had that statue for awhile now and enjoy every bit of it. That's how I know XM could've done a much better Witchblade.

And the SSC Aspen looks top notch. Love having that too. Now I'm wishing and waiting for a better/worthy Witchblade statue.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #1590
ukshaun
Hercules

Aspen's pose looks natural. Witchblade's pose looks forced. I bailed on Witchblade for various reasons. I love Aspen
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote