Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Terror Dog - Photo Review: or How I Fell in Love with Chronicle Collectibles

"Ok, Who brought the dog?"
So, today I received my first work of art from Chronicle Collectibles. The Terror Dog has arrived...

**Warning - Pic heavy post incoming**

First of all, yes.. this thing is bigger than you expect. I had a good idea from all of the pics out there, not to mention the actual measurement posted on the product page.. but even knowing that. It's a real 'holy crap' moment when you get this beast in your hands. WOW

Not only is the size impressive, but the weight is as well. He feels solid to me, has a very massive feel when you hold it, and is incredible to see in person. Even the best pictures out there do not do this piece justice. Really needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.

I'm sure most have seen the packaging as well as the certificate so I won't waste too much space on those pics. Needless to say, Chronicle knocks it out of the park in that department. Everything arrived in perfect shape. The handwritten sign-off on the box as a quality control check is a great personal touch. Unlike some other companies.. Chronicle really cares, and it shows.

Well, on with the pics..

A word about the autographed name plaque, it is BEAUTIFUL. The base is heavy and feels solid, the details are razor sharp and the paint app on this is fantastic. I so happy I went for the autographed version, this display plaque is totally worth it. Beyond the Ghostbuster Geekout factor of having this autograph, the presentation of it just makes the Terror Dog look even more amazing. I love the stylistic choice here with the rooftop architecture incorporated into the base. Beautiful work by everyone involved and its a feature that puts this amazing collectible over the top for me.

If you're on the fence about which version to get.. get the signature version. Trust me. If it hasn't sold out yet that is.

One other thing that blows me away seeing this in person, the details on the mouth. The paint app is amazing here. The tongue looks appropriately wet, the same with the roof of the mouth down to the back of the throat. The paint app here is really something, the different subtle tones on the teeth and the gums are great. It's a clean precise and completely professional job in every way.

I'm used to seeing little flaws or cut-corners on pieces I receive from other companies and I usually make some adjustments or tweaks myself. Not with this.. It's perfect and I wouldn't dare touch it. Amazing work by everyone involved in this piece.

Proud to have this work of art in my collection. Chronicle, you have made this Ghostbuster nut one very happy man. Thank you!

One other note about the amazing customer service..
Within minutes of the package being scanned as 'delivered', I received an email from Amy checking in to make sure I was happy with it and that everything was good.

I was blown away by that kind of care and attention. If it's not obvious yet.. you have earned a loyal customer for life.

...now, bring on that second wave of Cain and that Anubis mask. I need more Chronicle works of art in my life.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wish I could view it, but the pics just kill my internet. Maybe scale them down a bit?
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Opss...I uploaded the raw images. lol

I'll get the compressed version switched out soon..

* - That should be better now. lol :P
Old 05-22-2015, 11:30 PM   #4
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Thanks for sharing pics
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:04 AM   #5
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Mike,

You are to kind. It means a lot to me when guys that really dig the subject matter pour over every little detail. So much of what's made today has very little thought that goes into the base and details.

He looks so impressive in you case near the GB backpack.

I want to offer a higher level of service that's been absent for so many years.....

Thank you again Mike, I really appreciate the review....

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #6
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Looks amazing!!!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #7
CallMe_Snake

Thank you Paul! If it wasn't obvious by now.. I'm beyond happy with my first Chronicle piece. I absolutely love it.
I haven't been able to walk into my living room without stopping to stare at him in the case. It just commands your attention.

Which make me absolutely nuts thinking about how incredible Anubis will look once it arrives. I cannot wait for that to start shipping.

I can't wait to see what else you have in store to show off at the Cons this year.

You guys are doing so much right, as I've said before.. You've gotten me excited about collecting again.

This is shaping up to be an awesome year for movie buffs.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #8
jinkazama
Cobra Command

At least this now answers the question asked by the BaHa Men, ''Who let the dogs out?''Chronicle Collectables, that's who
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:44 AM   #9
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Very nice. I do have a question. Did you create your display setup or was it a purchase you made? Since deciding to go all out in this hobby a few months back, I've been trying to research display setups like shelves or tables made out of glass. The way I figure it, it's hard to pay this kind of money and not invest into glass displays of some sort.

I thought I could google this and come up with dozens of websites for what I want, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:49 AM   #10
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Reviews like this make me more excited for the Terminator items and I was really excited before. This isn't an item I'd buy but reading about the build quality, packaging etc etc reassures me I've nothing to worry about once I've ordered unlike other companies where it's a dice roll.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote