Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-23-2015, 02:49 AM   #11
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post

"Ok, Who brought the dog?"
So, today I received my first work of art from Chronicle Collectibles. The Terror Dog has arrived...

**Warning - Pic heavy post incoming**

First of all, yes.. this thing is bigger than you expect. I had a good idea from all of the pics out there, not to mention the actual measurement posted on the product page.. but even knowing that. It's a real 'holy crap' moment when you get this beast in your hands. WOW

Not only is the size impressive, but the weight is as well. He feels solid to me, has a very massive feel when you hold it, and is incredible to see in person. Even the best pictures out there do not do this piece justice. Really needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.

I'm sure most have seen the packaging as well as the certificate so I won't waste too much space on those pics. Needless to say, Chronicle knocks it out of the park in that department. Everything arrived in perfect shape. The handwritten sign-off on the box as a quality control check is a great personal touch. Unlike some other companies.. Chronicle really cares, and it shows.

Well, on with the pics..

A word about the autographed name plaque, it is BEAUTIFUL. The base is heavy and feels solid, the details are razor sharp and the paint app on this is fantastic. I so happy I went for the autographed version, this display plaque is totally worth it. Beyond the Ghostbuster Geekout factor of having this autograph, the presentation of it just makes the Terror Dog look even more amazing. I love the stylistic choice here with the rooftop architecture incorporated into the base. Beautiful work by everyone involved and its a feature that puts this amazing collectible over the top for me.

If you're on the fence about which version to get.. get the signature version. Trust me. If it hasn't sold out yet that is.

One other thing that blows me away seeing this in person, the details on the mouth. The paint app is amazing here. The tongue looks appropriately wet, the same with the roof of the mouth down to the back of the throat. The paint app here is really something, the different subtle tones on the teeth and the gums are great. It's a clean precise and completely professional job in every way.

I'm used to seeing little flaws or cut-corners on pieces I receive from other companies and I usually make some adjustments or tweaks myself. Not with this.. It's perfect and I wouldn't dare touch it. Amazing work by everyone involved in this piece.

Proud to have this work of art in my collection. Chronicle, you have made this Ghostbuster nut one very happy man. Thank you!

One other note about the amazing customer service..
Within minutes of the package being scanned as 'delivered', I received an email from Amy checking in to make sure I was happy with it and that everything was good.

I was blown away by that kind of care and attention. If it's not obvious yet.. you have earned a loyal customer for life.

...now, bring on that second wave of Cain and that Anubis mask. I need more Chronicle works of art in my life.
Awesome pics CallMe_Snake!I like the one looking up at the Terror Dog the most!
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:10 AM   #12
thx217
Ultimates

Awesome!! Congrats and thanks for the pics.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:12 AM   #13
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I really like your clinical set up
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:28 AM   #14
Python
Omega Red

That looks great, I'm very much looking forward to ordering my first few CC pieces soon...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #15
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Very nice. I do have a question. Did you create your display setup or was it a purchase you made? Since deciding to go all out in this hobby a few months back, I've been trying to research display setups like shelves or tables made out of glass. The way I figure it, it's hard to pay this kind of money and not invest into glass displays of some sort.

I thought I could google this and come up with dozens of websites for what I want, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
The cases I have we're all purchased, nothing custom made. The two smaller cases are from IKEA, it's called the Detolf. Those are great because they are well made, tall, have a cutout in the top for installing lights, and best of all cheap. Lol. About $64, sometimes they go on sale even cheaper.

As far as the bigger case that now houses the Terror Dog, that was a lucky find. Found it through Craigslist when searching for display cases. It's a jewelry store display case that someone was trying to get rid of, got it for $45.

I hoped it would be big enough for the Terror Dog, I was so happy to see he fit after all.

Yeah, my advice would be to keep an eye out on listings like Craigslist. You never know when someone might be selling off unneeded store displays, and those make for great museum like displays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Reviews like this make me more excited for the Terminator items and I was really excited before. This isn't an item I'd buy but reading about the build quality, packaging etc etc reassures me I've nothing to worry about once I've ordered unlike other companies where it's a dice roll.
Oh yeah, seeing the reviews for Cain and now seeing the quality in the Terror Dog first hand.. Chronicle is the real deal. No doubt the Terminator items will be absolutely amazing.

Another thing I've got to say, it's so unbelievably refreshing to get an item like this and have the product actually look better than the prototype pictures. I'm so used to things being the other way around and being disappointed with the final product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
That looks great, I'm very much looking forward to ordering my first few CC pieces soon...
Whatever your first item will be, I think it's safe to say you will be blown away by it. I can't wait to get my next piece from them, and I'm dying to see what they do with Jurassic Park.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #16
Python
Omega Red

It will be whatever is released first out of the Rodger Young, T-800 Endo and the 1/4 Arnie. I'm sure they will be just the start
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #17
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Wait until you see the BIIIIG dino going to Wonderfest...
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Cool, thanks for the in-hand opinion. It's true, this does look better than the proto, impressingly. These pics you have taken have sold me the most, but that is evident of the final production piece - it has that 'sheen' (i.e. not just matte) that I remember from the movies. Congratulations on such an awesome prop replica. I can see the temptation for movie buffs to have one on each L and R front speaker
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:25 AM   #19
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Looking forward to the big Dino! I still may have to get Terror still.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #20
Shoo
Hercules

Congrats, Mike, it looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Wait until you see the BIIIIG dino going to Wonderfest...
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote